I need help with my Akai LPD8!

Default I need help with my Akai LPD8!

Im new to using this kind of stuff, i always used virtual.
    ayways, ive gotten as far as plugging it in and downloading the disc software.

ive tried for hours to figure out how to assign sounds to each button
    and effects/control to each knob. i have absolutley no clue on how to do this.

I have reason 4, and ableton live 8, open to any other program to be taught

Please help!

Tech Mentor

Depending on what program you are using it will be different but not alot and should be fairly straight forward. There are plenty of tutorials online especially youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v92pV3Ntx2Q

Thank you this helped a bit, ive gotten to controlling the sound with the akai but i cant assign each pad its own song it always stays at one sound. If anybody is making a video or knows of one with detailed step by step instructions that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by BeginningEnd View Post
    Thank you this helped a bit, ive gotten to controlling the sound with the akai but i cant assign each pad its own song it always stays at one sound. If anybody is making a video or knows of one with detailed step by step instructions that would be great
    Like when you TAP it you want it to START playing the SONG instead of HOLDING it? or assign it to an entire SCENE to start playing all your layers?
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Oh shit whoops, i meant sound.
    once i have an instrument picked out all the pads work just for that
    one sound in different notes.

For it to happen every time you create a bank AUTOMATICALLY, you'll have to write your own midi script (this is where I'm kinda stuck, automapping for ANY project) But you can assign all your pads to ANY control by clicking MIDI, clicking your parameter and then moving/pressing your control, just make sure that in your MIDI SETTINGS in ableton, you have input and output on for your LPD8. I'm tweaking THIS for auto mapping of my controllers across ALL projects:

http://liine.net/livecontrol/ableton-liveapi/liveosc/

It's a pain because I use 5 controllers all together and I have to route everything in MIDIPipe to make it think it's one controller. Still looking for better ideas xD I'm thinking of just copying it 5 times for each and just removing unused parameters (if you took a web design class, editing basic midi channels and controls is pretty self explanatory). Adding 5 controller's parameters to each new Ableton project.. UGH. If you end up going THAT route, get a workflow down and make a blank template with your controls already assigned and just SAVE-AS new one
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)