Kontrol X1 Dumbass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kontrol X1 Dumbass

I've just picked up my Kontrol X1,

Followed the destructions for installation, the X1 driver followed by the Controller editor driver.

The instructions say "now your ready to mix"

Other than the buttons being illuminated and a light on the Traktor display (top, centre) signalling that the controller is sending a signal, nothing's happening...I'm a little on the simple side, did I take the "plug & play" too literally?!

I've gone into the preferences section and selected the device instead of the keyboard being primary device, yet nothing's in the table below showing which buttons are allocated (like what you see when the keyboard mapping is shown).

I thought that I might be able to import a TSI file from the installation cd or from the controller editor but I cant...am I missing something crucial?!

Thanks in advance to DJTT jedis who know what's going on!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Update Traktor to the current version. I believe it has to be at least 1.2.6 for the X1 to be plug and play. 1.2.7 is the latest version.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

It works with 1.2.4 or higher.

I was thinking it was 1.2.4, but wasn't sure. Did this work Worthy?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Have you tried another USB port?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by worthy View Post
    The instructions say "now your ready to mix"
    If that's exactly what it said, your X1 definitely has a grammar problem. This is a common issue and can easily be fixed by clicking in between the u and r, hitting the apostrophe key, then the right arrow, then e.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    If that's exactly what it said, your X1 definitely has a grammar problem. This is a common issue and can easily be fixed by clicking in between the u and r, hitting the apostrophe key, then the right arrow, then e.
    Your funny!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

Sorry if this is off-topic!
    I double lol'd at this post! First lol was at the title, second lol was at the comment above.

I seriously do hope you fix it, and that you let us know what it was - so if anyone else has this problem we can help them out as well.

Good luck sir!

Back on topic, the most likely issue is an out of date Traktor version.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thanks for all the info, I dont know what happened but I plugged it in when I just got home, booted it up and it's working! sweet as a nut!!

I had 1.2.7 already but maybe my computer needed to reboot after installation? Which is weird as I rebooted it and Traktor a couple of times after pressing random settings, maybe it just needed a little rest?!

I definately didnt dream what happened but hey, it works now!! ) I've got no work on for the next week and the only thing I've got to do is pack my house into boxes before I leave here next week...result!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast