DJ tables similar to this one...
    Tech Mentor

Default DJ tables similar to this one...

I'm currently looking to build a new table for my set up. I want it to look similar to this

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't mind buying from IKEA etc

Tech Guru

That is one beautiful setup right there...

I would reccomend getting a nice solid sideboard out of the paper for cheap, then doing the rest yourself, shouldn't be too difficult if you plan it out well.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    That is one beautiful setup right there...

I would reccomend getting a nice solid sideboard out of the paper for cheap, then doing the rest yourself, shouldn't be too difficult if you plan it out well.
    Yeah super easy to make one, pictures for inspiration is good though. If anyone has any pictures of nice setups like the one I posted I looked through the show your setup post but couldnt find a table designed for dj gear

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Have you had personal experience with them?
    I was gonna order from djdeckstands but read nothing but bad news stories about them online (google djdeckstands problems)

If you're looking to get something like that made from 18mm MDF, I had a good experience with musicmash on ebay (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/musicmash/m.html) he was always available on the phone, made it to measure for me and delivered in 2 weeks.

Looking at the pic you could start with an Ikea Expedit for the base and make or buy a flush fit desktop and a pair of CDJ stands to save a few £££.

If you want to make your own there's some good threads in the Equipment mods and DIY section on DJForums that you might find useful.

Tech Guru

if ya live in ireland, i can make ya one outa mdf or chipboard and spray it for ya could pretty much make it identical to that, try talking to a local carpenter.... mdf is like 20 euro a sheet and you probly need about 3/4 sheets, even try find a capable apprentice to make it or even give it a go yourself... id be more then willing to do up a plan with a cutting list for it if you would like

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    if ya live in ireland, i can make ya one outa mdf or chipboard and spray it for ya could pretty much make it identical to that, try talking to a local carpenter.... mdf is like 20 euro a sheet and you probly need about 3/4 sheets, even try find a capable apprentice to make it or even give it a go yourself... id be more then willing to do up a plan with a cutting list for it if you would like
    This is what makes the DJTT community so cool!

great offer mate!!

I would also recommend a laminate top or at the very least a water resistant lacquer if you use MDF. Man that stuff is heavy too.

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    The generosity on here never ceases to amaze me!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Like Karlos says "DJ Tech Tools, where nice DJ's hang out"
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x