Tag It Down v0.7 (Traktor Tool - need Beta testers)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Tag It Down v0.7 (Traktor Tool - need Beta testers)

Okay, I've made a much needed update to my open source project, and I think this one is leaps and bounds over the last release. Last time I made a rather wordy post, which probably turned people away. So, here's hopefully a short version.
    -----------------
    Description
    Hate tagging your wave files in Traktor? Sure you do - it totally sucks ass. If you buy files in wav format from either Beatport, trackitdown, or Juno Download, read on.

Tag It Down will read some type of source document that you feed it (an order confirmation web page or order confirmation email from aforementioned sites). It will then do the best darned job it can to figure out tags for your tracks. When you're satsfied, click a button and it will insert them into your collection.nml file. Open Traktor, and try not to pee your pants with excitement.

Usage & Installation
    I've tried to make it as painless as possible, but there is a slight learning curve. There's plenty of tool tips. If that doesn't help, then there's a help.html file availablle at the sourceforge project page.

For MAC users: The DMG file should install and run no problem. No need to install the Qt framework.
    For Win users: You can either compile it on your own if you have Qt, or wait for me to figure out how to deploy a version that doesn't require Qt dlls. It's not as straightforward as on the Mac. Hopefully this week.

Changes from v0.6
    -Juno Download support
    -Better code segmentation for those that want to add to the project
    -Just all around works better
    -Easy install

Tag It Down at Sourceforget

Feedback greatly appreciated!

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I'll try this once I'm home from work.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I was hoping for something like this, made a post about it last night, unfortunately I am a complete programming n00btard and a win user, so will have to sit it out.

HedgeHog: Cheers.

ponyboy: I should have a Windows version soon. I can compile it "normally" and package it w/ the Qt DLLs but I don't know if that's legal or not.

Tech Wizard

Oh why couldn't you have posted this 24 hours earlier. Spent a good half an hour last night manually tagging Black Sun Empires new album... =[

When i next buy some wav's il give it a test. Its great to see some homebrew development going down in the DJTT world.

Keep up the good work.

actually, I only ever buy mp3, not wav.

Ignore me. I'm a numpty.

Hi, kiss-o-matic!
    According to Tag It Down FAQ:
    Why can't you download art from Beatport?
    Because Beatport's site is entirely Flash. The only art they offer is embedded in MP3 files.
    This is totally wrong. Beatport offers API to fetch data from its database. I wrote my own tool to search through Beatport database, extracting covers (up to 500x500) is very simple.

Oh why couldn't you have posted this 24 hours earlier. Spent a good half an hour last night manually tagging Black Sun Empires new album... =[
    I actually had a rough (but working) beta up a few months ago.
    If you missed it though you'd likely not have heard of it as it went under the radar, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by alexndr View Post
    Hi, kiss-o-matic!
    According to Tag It Down FAQ:

This is totally wrong. Beatport offers API to fetch data from its database. I wrote my own tool to search through Beatport database, extracting covers (up to 500x500) is very simple.

Best first post in web forum history ever. I guess I know what I'm doing for the next version. Thanks!
    I assume I could get the id out of the filename and query the API by ID to get all the tags? I've just glanced over the docs, but that seems it should be done that way.
    Last edited by kiss-o-matic; 11-17-2010 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    I assume I could get the id out of the filename and query the API by ID to get all the tags?
    Right, use Mixed Search or Release/Track Catalog API to find required release, then query all metadata.

Okay, I put a statically-compiled win32 binary up there. What does that mean? Means it should run w/o Qt being installed on your system. It comes up to a whopping 140Kb, compared to the 40Mb DMG file... seriously, Apple?!

Still waiting to hear feedback. I'm a big boy... even negative.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast