Effects you can't live without.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Effects you can't live without.

Hello fellow DJTT'ers,

Finally I feel like I can get more involved in the general discussions! It's been a week since I've gotten my S4 and my 3rd day with getting to the hang of Traktor (it's super easy!).

So the most brief background about myself: I'm a Serato DJ (or was). I've been on a 57TTM 2-channel for the last 3 years, and when it comes to effects, I use none. The only creative aspects that I took advantage of Serato for were it's looping capabilities and loop roll. I guess you can say I wasted my 57 a bit by not getting into the FX side of things, but to be honest, I never really needed to add much more. Also, I like to use things that are tried and tested, and Serato never had much of a reputation for FX.

Now that I have Traktor, I want to start testing and seeing how effects can be incorporated into my own sets.

I wanted to ask you guys and girls out there what effects in Traktor (or outside as well, if you are using it in conjuction with Traktor) you simply could not live with out. My hopes are that after reading some of the ways you use your effects, and why you couldn't do without them, that other users like myself will get inspired to try some new things.

So far I've been really loving the Gater effect (as it's super obvious and cool). However it seems a little hard to use well. It also seems like it would get overplayed or overabused if not used carefully.

What do ya'll think?

-PL>Y

Definitely the Delay and it's freeze button

Tech Mentor

Whyte, what kind of music do you play? What part of the track are you using it in, and how are you using it?

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte View Post
    Definitely the Delay and it's freeze button
    Yeah, it sounds so good I have to try to make sure I don't use it on every mix.

freeze button
    beatslicer
    beatmasher
    gater

its all good

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    Whyte, what kind of music do you play? What part of the track are you using it in, and how are you using it?
    Tech-house, techno, whatever i feel like. It's really great in using it to make your own buildups and climaxes. Use together with an iceverb, build them both up.. get a huge climax going in 2 records.. BAM hit de freeze on track 1, track 2's climax slams in and the crowd goes wild .

Prime example in my Exit liveset @ 27.00

Delay, reverb but most importantly : the xone filter.

Tech Convert

eq, delays and filters.

does anyone actually use the TT FX?

I use filters, echo freeze, beatmasher and slicer, sometimes the formant filter.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Eq, filters, and delay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast