Before I buy Traktor Scratch Pro...

Default Before I buy Traktor Scratch Pro...

I've got decks and an EKS Otus. I'm looking to connect the decks through the audio 8 (obviously), but I'm wondering how I would connect the Otus? It has it's own sound card, so would I be able to connect the audio straight to the mixer or will this cause problems in Traktor?

Oh, I'm hoping to use the Otus for decks 3 & 4, putting all audio through a 4 channel analogue mixer. Anyone got this set up or any ideas on it?

Cheers.

I think you would just connect the Otus with USB and use it as a midi controller. I don't think you would take advantage of the soundcard in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    I think you would just connect the Otus with USB and use it as a midi controller. I don't think you would take advantage of the soundcard in it.
    I did think of this but I don't think I couldn't route the audio through the mixer? I'm not too keen on using the rotary pots on the Otus for volume control.

Would the only way around it to buy a midi enabled mixer?

What would happen is all the audio would be produced by Traktor, which then sends to the Audio 8 and then you have your 4 channels out which could go into your external mixer. So you wouldn't have to use the volume control on the Otus but use your mixer fader and gain.

I believe you could either use the Otus as a midi controller and route Decks A-D out through the audio 8 to 4 channels of your mixer OR route your controllers through the Audio8 A-B to the mixer and out of the Otus C-D into the mixer either way freeing up the knobs & button on the Otus for other midi mapping. I'd probably go with which ever setup had the best D to A & A to D conversion.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Thanks ever so much guys. Appreciated.