iPad DJing

Thread: iPad DJing

Default iPad DJing

Have you seen the new djay port to iPad? It's undeniably cool whatever else you think about it...

iPad djay: Touchscreen DJing for Everyone
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Is there an app out that would act like a 3rd deck? Simply 1 deck w/ not only a fader, but some buttons to move change the temp by .01% each touch? I have dick fingers so the above, while fun, would probably just not work for me.

Nah, thanks. There's still no second stereo output on the ipad. No proper prelistening.

If you think that's sick, wait 'till you see MacBook Pro DJing. Fking mindblowing.

Tech Guru

There are going to be a lot of cool stuff coming out for he iPad once iOS4.2 is released for it. CoreMIDI isn't the only API that's being added to. I can see the iPad driving a wide range of audio interfaces in the very near future.

I have to say it's getting harder and harder for me to stick to my POV that the iPad is a stupid toy with no applications in the real world.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Is there an app out that would act like a 3rd deck? Simply 1 deck w/ not only a fader, but some buttons to move change the temp by .01% each touch? I have dick fingers so the above, while fun, would probably just not work for me.
    Sorry I missed this. Yes, there is.

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/...01242901768754

Red Bull BPM HD can be set to only do 1 deck, the buttons are big, it will do .01% adjust, has song (BPM) analysis, and is really flexible as far as output options go.