Adjusting the curve on EQs and Faders.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adjusting the curve on EQs and Faders.

Re my comment to my firend Dave Mac (also a member here):

I'm used to longer EQs than traktor gives you, there seems to be no finesse. In most cases, it's not even as if you're doing much, like there's no point EQing the mix other than cutting out 90pct of a sound so it's not clashing, even the faders are the same, a fader at half is off, at 3/4 it's quiet, past that it's on.* Very annoying.*
    Is there a way I can rememdy this, perhaps adjusting the midi or something?

I'm from a vinyl/cdj background using analogue mixers etc. I currently have a faderfox DJ2 as my mixer, I've tried using the P600, the Allen & Heath, classic and the NUO mixers in Traktor but none seem good enough.

Anybody?

I don't think you can do it I'm afraid.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Innofaders?

The FaderFox's got ALPS faders, so nothing to complaint about. Strange, the Xone:92 mixer worked fine for me in Traktor. I use Ableton nowadays for mixing and effects, and Traktor for transport, looping and filters. Quite a hastle to set up, but if you've got no other option, you might want to take a look into routing Traktor into Ableton.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

this thread was the first thing i thought about when you mentioned this problem:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7872

but looking again, seems completely unrelated to your problem. posting just in case it helps :/
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Can't you adjust the EQ curve under Preferences > Mixer > EQ Selection? And chosing a different type?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Wizard

I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the eq's, I find with the eq a the 9 o'clock position there is a massive sudden increase to the 12 position if that makes sense. It could just be a case of me needing to get more accustomed to how the eq's perform.
    Oh. My. Daze!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mac View Post
    I find with the eq a the 9 o'clock position there is a massive sudden increase to the 12 position
    well the kill position is at about 7 o'clock so that makes sense, it's more than half the movement of the knob.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

you can change the fader curve from the settings in traktor.... not sure about the EQ though
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast