LED feedback with nanokontrol
    Tech Guru

Default LED feedback with nanokontrol

Dunno what Im doing wrong. I've assigned 2 buttons on my nanokontrol to be the headphone cue buttons in traktor. I've tried everything but just can't get the LED's to stay lit when the headphone cue on the corresponding deck is on. I've done it before with the FX buttons but just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've got the korg nanokontrol software installed and tried within that and within traktor but no joy. Can someone gimme a step by step instruction on how its done?

Thanks

Tech Guru

from what im aware i think the nano's only toggle momentary led's internal, there's no way to map them i dont think but could be wrong.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    from what im aware i think the nano's only toggle momentary led's internal, there's no way to map them i dont think but could be wrong.
    Sorry mate I didn't understand that response. What do you mean by "only toggle momentary led's internal"? Are you saying that in internal mode in Traktor you can't get led feedback? Cos like I said I've done it before with the FX on/off buttons on the internal mixer. Can you clarify what you mean please.

Thanks

Tech Guru

sorry didnt read the bit where you said you done it before.. i used to own a nano control and was told that the led's are built into the hardware so even if no software is on and its just plugged into usb the lights with light up as you press them, thats what i meant for internally, i could never get any responce out of them cause as far as i knew the controller was only a midi out controller, had no midi input to send to the led's

Tech Guru

yeah I've got it set up so that 2 buttons on my nanokontrol turn on the FX buttons on each deck, if the FX button is on the led is lit up on the nanokontrol. I did it using the korg software for the kontrol. Tried everything but just cant figure out how to do it again. Been at it for like an hour or so. Tried using midi output from traktor for led response but nothing. Its not a major deal cos I can look at the screen but would like to try avoid that if poss.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

nanokontrol doesn't have midi out, hence you can't send data to update the leds. they only respond to hold/toggle behavior when you press them.

You can use Korg's Kontrol Editor software, and change the function of the button from momentary to toggle.