Stolen Laptop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Laptop

Default Stolen Laptop

So, the most amazing thing happened this week, and by amazing I mean it sucks ass.... they came in through my window, snatched my macbook up, tried to get more so y'all better hide your comps, hide your controllers, and hide your software cuz they're stealin everything round here. In all seriousness though, my mac got stolen, along with my (legal) copy of traktor pro. How do I go about getting it back, or at least installing it on my replacement laptop? Any help would rock, thanks guys.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That sucks. Did you file a police report? If you didn't do it now. Then start scouring the pawnshops now and again in 90 days. You should be able to get your mac serial numbers and stuff from apple if it was registered. You can go here and get your Traktor serial number as long as you set up an account.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/myaccount/

I'm not sure what they do for stolen stuff. Maybe reissue a new serial number so that the old one is disabled? Hopefully Karlos can enlighten us.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was hoping for Karlos's wisdom! haha. thanks for that link Chris, I love this forum!

Yeah man, that blows nutsack. I had my Powerbook G4 stolen a few years back... didn't touch any of my controllers, mics, speakers, etc. I think thieves want things that they KNOW they can turn around and sell, and that have the power cords attached (always have a mess of powercords to deter thieves lol)

On the bright side, we had renters insurance, and I got enough $$ back to get a beast of a PC, which I have now. I would recommend some sort of insurance, if you're like me and have myriad of tasty electronics scattered throughout your house/apartment. Also, cable lock your shit to your desk, even in your own house... it's annoying, but you'll be glad you did when shit hits the fan.

Oh and LOL at "hide your controllers, hide your softwares..."

did they steal the Traktor product box with your serial number inside?

As long as you have your serial, you can log in to service center and validate your new install.... Service Center is your friend!!

So I've had a lovely few hours of reconfiguring and what not. My VCI, she lives again, service center is my friend. Also, as proof of the insanity that is my neighbourhood, I was upstairs in the bathroom and I left the front door open for like 2 minutes and came down to a homeless guy in my kitchen. Yeah. That's my day so far.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was thinking about visiting Canada, but I'm not so sure now.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I swear, the rest of the city kicks ass.... and technically so does my neighbourhood, but the one next to mine is what you could call the "ghetto"...community housing and crack dealers, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by JWit View Post
    they came in through my window, snatched my macbook up, tried to get more so y'all better hide your comps, hide your controllers, and hide your software cuz they're stealin everything round here.
    I lol'd really hard, mr Dodson

I'm so glad we don't have to deal with stuff like that here. In the States - to get into someones house to steal shit is a dumb thing to do, simply cause if you get into my house for example, I have the right to shoot you. Most of the people that live here as well do own a handgun.

I am an anti gun person, but sometimes i'm glad we have laws like these.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast