wish NI would cut off some parts off the S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default wish NI would cut off some parts off the S4

and make a new controller out of it obv

I dont have an S4 but it looks very nice, the only thing i dont really want to do with it though is mix internally, I'd love to use a external mixer like a xone 42 with it.

So how about they cut off the mixer section+soundcard and release the jog wheel section as a new controller like the X1? you could maybe even drop the EFX section and instead add another row of buttons for 8 hotcues. Or make it slightly wider and make it a 100mm pitch fader instead of the 60mm one.
    the only problem i see is that without an X1 you cant really browse and the loop recorder section would have to be somewhere as well i guess. Should be alot cheaper as well as they could release it with a LE version and no soundcard makes it cheaper as well.

Am I the only one who would buy something like that?

Tech Wizard

I would definitely consider something Like this when Pro gets the S4 functionality
    Traktor Pro 2 -/- Xone 92 -/- Audio 8 DJ -/- 2x Kontrol X1 -/- Maschine -/- Xone XD53 -/- KRK RP6

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was just thinking about something along these lines yesterday. I think it's possible they might make something like an X1 with the jogs I don't think it would ever come without an FX section. That's a pretty important part of Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Whereas I really want the middle section... maybe we could go halves on one and split it in two

+1 for an S1! and an S2 with a soundcard built in! but an audio8 this time so we can mix 4 decks externally

Denon DN SC2000?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

would be a nice addition to the s4 as well to avoid deck swapping and control over the other fx units.

You've got to think that a cut down version for S4 software is definitely on the cards.

They would literally be insane not to!!!
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Denon DN SC2000?
    What he said...
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Numark first made the NS7, then cut it in half for the V7. It seems inevitable that NI would do the same thing. I would love to buy an S2 like described by Ashigari.
    I've had my eye on the Denon DN-SC2000, the features are similar. I don't like the push knob FX on/off, but I haven't tried one in person.
    Its gonna be interesting at NAMM this year... (fingers crossed)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast