deleting duplicates from collection in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default deleting duplicates from collection in Traktor

Can only do this in playlists, not in track collection. I some how managed to highlight a load of tracks and duplicate them within the entire track collection. Now some tracks I search for come up twice. How can I fix this?

Thanks

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

In iTunes file>display duplicates
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    In iTunes file>display duplicates
    nah mate, I highlighted a load of tracks within the the main track collection in traktor, moved the mouse and dropped the highlighted tunes within the track collection in traktor... nothing to do with itunes

Sort by date added and delete the duplicates you added that day.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

You can only sort by date of import, I haven't imported anything therefore the duplicates will have the same date. I just duplicated by highlighting a load of tracks then letting go of the mouse by mistake, you know when a little curved arrow appears to indicate it's dropping a load of tracks where I let go of the mouse? The last import was like 2 days ago

Explorer is a pretty robust file manager

I ran into the same problem. I usually just update the iTunes playlist in Traktor, then re-import to track collection playlist.

Not sure why you can't directly edit your files in Traktor's collection playlist, sure would be a logical function

Okay I tried to duplicate by dragging tracks into the track collection from inside the track collection, from a separate playlist into the track collection and from the iTunes folder inside Traktor into the track collection and didn't get any duplicates. How exactly did you do it? Is it possible they were already duplicate?
    Chris Jennings FHP

->> Duplicate Cleaner <<-

Enjoy ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    ->> Duplicate Cleaner <<-

Enjoy ;p
    Does that work inside Traktor? The way I understand it they're not duplicate files, but duplicates shortcuts to files.

Here's a few options to consider.

Sort by name and manually delete the duplicates. It's easier if you have file art visible.

Download Trainspotter and create a smart playlist that will show duplicates. Paste this code in the xquery box.

Code:
    let $orderedDoc := for $e in /NML/COLLECTION/ENTRY order by $e/LOCATION/@FILE return $e
    for $e at $i in $orderedDoc
    where $e/LOCATION/@FILE = $orderedDoc[$i + 1]/LOCATION/@FILE or $e/LOCATION/@FILE = $orderedDoc[$i - 1]/LOCATION/@FILE

return $orderedDoc[$i]
    I got mixed results with this, but it did find some duplicates in that I was able to delete, but not all of them.

This next one is a big maybe as I'm not 100% sure it'll work so back up everything first. I think you can go into your Native instruments backup folder in documents and delete any days back to before you created the duplicates. You'll lose anything else you've done as well, but it may be the easiest way to get rid of them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast