Do I need a soundcard for this upgraded set-up? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    stereo 1/4 = mono balanced

so you can just output a balanced pair, correct me if i'm wrong please

I have no idea what that means haha. Does that mean I need a splitter from 1/4" to RCA?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Surely you could just use the booth outputs?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

well, audio 2 dj is supposed to be bundled with a pair of 1/4 stereo to RCA so you can just plug that into the mixer.

Why not use booth? he just need's to remember to use the booth volume instead of the main. all the output's are supposed to carry the same signal, just that master and both have independent volume and record has a static one. In some mixers Booth is even labled Master 2...

My speakers have only one wire...the one I put into my Audio2 which is like you said, a 1/4" input.

Do I need 2 RCAs to go into the booth? I guess I don't understand why I am using the Audio 2 which would require me to plug it in to a laptop, which I am trying to get rid of anyway...or are you suggesting I just use the RCA cables which came with my Audio2 to plug into the booth? --- if so, like I said, my speaker have only one wire...
    KRK RP8sFG

To connect the mixer straight to the speakers, you'll need an adapter. As i assume they just use a regular headphone jack?

This is the cable you'll need...

Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    To connect the mixer straight to the speakers, you'll need an adapter. As i assume they just use a regular headphone jack?

This is the cable you'll need...

Thank you! The answer I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to look up the pic for me.

Now this would then plug into the Booth of the mixer, or somewhere else?
    KRK RP8sFG

Red and white into the booth, and then the female 3.5mm you would plug your Z4 cable in to.

Thank you very much for the help!

Since I am losing traktor, I am thinking about the DJM400 2 channel. A 4 channel Xone 42 would be nice and allow for upgrades, but has no effects like the Pioneer.

I know most here use a DVS software, but is it common occurance to mix without a laptop like this and usee just your knowledge of your songs?
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Thank you very much for the help!

Since I am losing traktor, I am thinking about the DJM400 2 channel. A 4 channel Xone 42 would be nice and allow for upgrades, but has no effects like the Pioneer.

I know most here use a DVS software, but is it common occurance to mix without a laptop like this and usee just your knowledge of your songs?
    You could just run songs of a usb drive or from cds and be fine

Quote Originally Posted by peedot View Post
    You could just run songs of a usb drive or from cds and be fine
    That is what I intend on doing, just wanted to see how others felt about losing the software and mixing without it.
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast