Do I need a soundcard for this upgraded set-up? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I have been reading for the past hour about this setup and read nothing but horror stories. Some say it won't work on the newer version of Traktor.
    They say the HID support is terrible and they must downgrade to 1.2.1 or something like that to run MIDI.

Are we certain that these will work with TPRO 1.2.7? Just plug them in and it should be fine? I even read not to import the tsi file, which by the way, is a dummy file in my folder.

I definitely do not want to run these as just midi controllers, but in HID mode with the high-res pitch faders. I just haven't read one post clearly saying how to do that...
    Last edited by Gryz; 11-20-2010 at 11:00 PM.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Just don't know man. Wish i could help you more, but i haven't personally used any of the aforementioned equipment. I can say that i absolutely hate the cdj2000's. But then again i used them before the latest firmware upgrade.
    If i were you, i would find a store that carries all of the hardware discussed, then try it all out in the store. That would be the only way to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Just don't know man. Wish i could help you more, but i haven't personally used any of the aforementioned equipment. I can say that i absolutely hate the cdj2000's. But then again i used them before the latest firmware upgrade.
    If i were you, i would find a store that carries all of the hardware discussed, then try it all out in the store. That would be the only way to know for sure.
    Yep, I guess that is what I'm gonna have to do. I'm also going to call NI tomorrow as well as Poineer and see if their stories match.

What I don't understand is this. If CDJ+mixer is normally whtat is in the clubs, are they running something different (such as timecode and a large audio interface) which is allowing you all to just bring your laptop and get going?

I guess I don't understand what is different with this set-up than the industry standard...
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    What I don't understand is this. If CDJ+mixer is normally whtat is in the clubs, are they running something different (such as timecode and a large audio interface) which is allowing you all to just bring your laptop and get going?

I guess I don't understand what is different with this set-up than the industry standard...
    A lot of the people on here (like myself) use controllers and their own soundcards and just plug into a channel on the club's mixer, maybe using one CDJ as a backup. The 'industry standard' setup is gradually making space for laptops and controllers.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Well in that case, I will alway have my controller and Midifighter should it come to that.

I would just like to be able to use the CDJ's w/ Traktor in HID mode. There are so many people using them with MIDI, but I want better resolution. Is it possible? It has to be, just need to find the people that are running this set-up.

Since this discussion has gone from soundcards to HID, I may start a new thread so that some others can chime in with advise that are not following this one.

I appreciate all the help you all have given, it was really a great help!
    KRK RP8sFG

To put a final note on this talk let me ask another question.

If I were to upgrade to Scratch Pro with the Audio8 and timecode, would this get rid of of these issues?

Would the functionality of the CDJ's be just as they should be, pitch fader, scratching, ect....

Would using timecode allow me to use the CDJ's effects and not Traktors?
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345