dicer help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dicer help

Default dicer help

2 things, in order of most to least irritating.

first, i have it mapped so that when M1=0 the all the leds are red and when M1=1 they are green, however once i hit my shift key (so M1=1) and then go back (so M1=0) all the lights are still green! they need to be red again wso i know what deck im on

second, i made it so all the leds for the buttons that work my cue points are at 0- 15 on the bottom and -1-1 (for max brightness) on the top. however not all the leds are the same brightness. for example on layer 1, button 5 is at max and the others are a bit lower and on layer 2, button 3 is brighter. note: ive seen the other buttons at max brightness before, so its not like they cant go that high.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

To make the lights change back you're going to use the "Send Monitor State" command. I'm not sure about the dicer brightness though.

thanks that worked

anything about the brightness? anyone?
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

drew, the send monitor state works, but when i switch decks the audio stutters for a second and i see my load button flash once

this might be because im using my lappy's sound card, but i raised latency to the 90s and i still had the same problem

ill try with my external sound card tomorrow. but is this normal

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try this post for brightness clues.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/09/0...-midi-mapping/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That stutter is a problem with the way windows handles traktors midi messages, i wrote a little program to fix it though. More info on that here.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497

Here's a link to download the latest version.... The official release will be very shortly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dbyv4ucdb15jvwi

Since this may very well be pretty much identical to the final release, please let me know if your are having any problems.

Using it is fairly simple, but it does require a virtual midi cable like Midi Yoke which is at http://www.midiox.com/
    It can support up to four midi controllers at once and is divided into 4 module's. You can disable 3 of the module's to prevent any unwanted midi messages from occurring. Once you have midi yoke installed. Start the application, before opening Traktor. First turn on/off any module's needed. Set the "To Traktor" to the Midi Yoke that you want.. Set the "From Traktor" to another Midi Yoke. Now set both "To Controller" and "From Controller" to you're midi controlle. Now do the same thing for the next modules/controllers, but use different Midi Yoke's.
    Once you have everything setup you can save the preset by clicking the save button, then you can name the preset and put it in the folder of your choice. To load a preset, just click the load button, then select and load the preset file, then click the apply button. Now that you have the application all setup, all you have to do is change the in and out ports in Traktor's Controller Manager from your midi controllers, to the Midi Yokes that you have selected. The "To Traktor" is the "In-Port" in Trakor, and The "From Traktor' is the "Out-Port".

Let me know if you need any help as well.

i never thought i would need your fix. go figure.
    ill give it a shot tomorrow, though. thanks!

also, now i feel like im being annoying but, i think some of my midi messages on my dicers and my total control are the same (random lights have been going on/off during my testing of my mapping) is there a way to keep them from doing that?

for example, my total controls play button stays lit all the time... and upon loading a song, the cue and cue play buttons stay lit too (not sure how i go them to turn off)

In your control manager you're going to have to have a separate page on the drop down menu at the top for the dicer and the total control. Then on the in and out ports set them for the appropriate controllers(or midi yokes if you're using my app).

uh...ill double check tomorrow, but i think all i got was usb audio interface and all ports with both sets of controllers plugged in

i just noticed your post:

Try this post for brightness clues.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/09/0...-midi-mapping/
    and thats what i was looking at. all my lights had the same #s in, but some were still brighter

ARRRGGG!!!!!
    both my controllers are marked as USB audio device

so whatever i plug in first is called USB audio device
    and whatever i put in second is USB audio device (2)

ive dried every thing and i cant get this to work!

how do i know what yoke to use?!?!? im getting pissed now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast