play button glitch? or traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default play button glitch? or traktor?

hey! i just got an s4 yesterday (it is amazing), i was playing around, and seemingly all of a sudden, the right deck's play button wouldn't play the track that was loaded. instead it made the on screen pitch slider move all the way to the top, and the phase meter was panning back and forth. i notice this effect also happens if you press down on the jogwheel while a track is playing. i am trying to figure out if this is a hardware glitch, where the jogwheel might have been "stuck" down, or if i acidentally re-mapped the play button to have the effect of pressing the jogwheel... does this make sense? please help, i hope my stuff isn't faulty! i'm a total beginner at traktor btw so i could easily be doing something stupid. thanks!

I answered this for you on the NI forum but...It seems there's a few threads addressing your issue, please search for them on the NI forum. You can start by recalibrating your jogs, that seemed to fix the problem for quite a few. Althoug it doesn't address WHY it's happening, it may get you up and running again.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Oh, and welcome to the forum BTW.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

thanks! wow, i did find a bunch of other threads... it kinda makes me want to cry.. looks like loads of people are saying recalibrating doesn't work. i'll try when i get home but if this happens again i may have to see how to return to dj tech tools? or NI?

Don't panic yet, there's quite a few very helpful chaps both here and on the NI site. I'd say about 90% of the issues you're seeing are "operator error" But after you try the recal, if you still need help please have your computer model and specs handy. Also, just want to make sure you have updated to the latest driver that was released yesterday.

thanks, yup i installed, then activated, and downloaded 1.0.1 before i even plugged the s4 in. i'll give calibration a shot in a few hours, hopefully it will go good!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Recalibration HAS to be done as soon as the S4 is connected after the 1.0.1 update.

I cannot stress how important recal is.

oh damn, would you recommend that i recal now or uninstall / reinstall the software?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Just recal and see how that goes first.

whoa, just recalibrated it and no matter what i do, no matter how many times i press play on the right deck it works great! i haven't seen the problem come back yet been playing for 30 min! thanks guys!!

ps. i'm sure i'll be taking that back soon, but fingers crossed!
    2011 macbook pro 15.4 2ghz i7 / traktor pro 2.1.1 /s4 controller / midi fighter classic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast