I have an unlimited amount of money.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I have an unlimited amount of money.

Well, I personally don't ,but my friend does.He wants to get into dj'ing and he has an amazing ability to learn and absorb. He also is rich. i'm thinking xone 4d with 4 pioneer cdj-2000's and xone db4 or do you think numark ns7 with numark nsfx and two numark v7's. I don't know, I'm a newb, that's why I am asking the forum. What do you guys think?

well i wouldn't recommend the ns7 unless hes going the turntablist route, in which case i would recommend 2 technics 1210's traktor scratch pro or serato and the rane ttm57.

If he is just going to be playing at home and not to many house parties the 4d/2000's is superb but very bulky and probably abit of overkill + your going to have to map it to traktor or download one ,i suppose but you would probably want to change it to suit your requirements , im not to sure about the db4 yet havn't read much on it

Imo i would go with 2 cdj 2000's, Djm 2000/800 or a xone 92 (not to sure about the db4 yet), Kontrol x1, traktor scratch pro, hdj 2000's and some krk rokits or vxt's thats really professional and you'll probobly never have to upgrade it also leaves options if you want to add ableton into your setup or maschine or something along those lines. This setup is reasonable portable within a flight case, but at club gigs your only going to have to bring along your sound card, labtop and kontrol x1 or 2

I wouldnt say 4 2000's as it takes alot of skill to use 4 decks efficiently and well you'll probobly find you wont use more than 3 and thats only in some cases, I might use 3 once every couple of nights if i want to quickly put a song in and then mix it out just to tease for example, It certainly doesn't warrant buying another cdj.

Especially if your using a software like traktor you're going to have 4 decks internally that you can control via controllers for samples etc, traktor will be coming out with an update soon so that traktor pro/scratch encompasses the sampling feature

I guess it all comes down to the type of djing (turntablist, timecode, midi controllers) and were he wants to dj. if you've got any more questions dont hesitate to send me a message i'de be happy to answer, im sorry this is probably abit hard to read its probably quite disjointed as im writing an english essay while writing this thread, A million things be going through ma brainz!

Some things to have a look at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ellaskins - youtube channel obv :P he's has lots of great tutorials for beginner dj's and helped me when i got started

http://www.traktorbible.com/en/traktorbible.aspx - this is a great book and i've been meaning to get someone in the us to pick one up for me.

http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage.php4 - has some great reviews and articles

and of course the djtt home page and ean's youtube channel, those are just some off the top of my head hope this helps!
    Last edited by DJMilk3y; 11-20-2010 at 04:49 AM.

If he can afford it, get he 4D. It's awesome, and while bulky, if he ever wants to do effects he's got more than enough nobs for it. 2000's might be overkill. 900's might be better, but probably still a bit over kill.

Tech Guru

unlimited amount of money = buy it all, give what you don't like to your friends.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    unlimited amount of money = buy it all, give what you don't like to your friends.
    This is true, but that's like asking for a handout. I'm basically just asking for the high quality and most ridiculously flashy way to dj.

I'm going to try to convince him to go the route of serato itch. ( I own a s4 but I realize that ableton+serato have much higher potentials)

i decided that heath and allen is quite possible one of the better setups, what do you guys think?

Tech Guru

right now Itch is the most basic set up. It doesn't have Ableton yet.

Xone: DB4 + 2 CDJ 2000's + 1 X1 (or 2) + Traktor Scratch Pro

or

Rane68 and the above set up with SSL and Bridge
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

the new rane 68 2 cdj 2000's and an apc40? don't forget that traktor and ableton can easily be integrated whether it be soundflower or by other means

here you go...

See the rest here...

http://www.babygrandmaster.com/index.php

Although... if all you need to do is hammer a nail, a hammer made of gold won't be as good as a hammer made of steel.

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I can fully recommend the XoneB4. Its a better version of the Xone 92.
    Rane 68 would be another choice mixer-wise.
    Even if he's rich he should consider renting the stuff first to see if DJing is the right thing for him.

Although... if all you need to do is hammer a nail, a hammer made of gold won't be as good as a hammer made of steel.
    So true!
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast