Gear Dilemma

Thread: Gear Dilemma

Default Gear Dilemma

Yo Yo, I'm thinking about going mad and spending some cash on some new gear. Over the past few years i'v been buying and selling midi gear and never really being full happy with the layouts and lack of full control over traktor without having layer upon layer of shift/modifiers. Iv currently got a midi fighter, a uc-33e, and an audio 8 which is a top little set up but it's lacking something.

I'm thinking of maybe an S4, along side my midi fighter, it would be pretty epic. However its just another midi controller and an expensive one at that. Also, considering i'v already got an audio 8 and i'm fully happy with Traktor pro and don't wanna switch to the new software and don't know whether it's a good purchase for me.

My other option (which is pretty much my dream set up) is just biting the bullet and buying an Xone 92 with two X1's. The need for a USB hub would be a bad downer though. Why doesn't NI make an X2, two X1's joined together with one USB lead? The price of the 92 has gone up by £200 in the shop I get all my gear from as well which is pretty shit.

I just want to buy something I can start actually mixing with instead of just spending hours tweaking mappings. Any ideas?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

No tweaking necessary with the S4 plus I think for the most part you'll end up using the S4 software as the sample deck functionality will move to Pro. 92 is a mighty fine mixer though, if I could afford it it would've been a much harder decision luckily I couldn't so I went S4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Doesn't have your MBP some kind of expansion-slot?
    I'd go with the Xone:92.

Have you also looked into the XoneB4 (if money is not an issue)?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Doesn't have your MBP some kind of expansion-slot?
    I'd go with the Xone:92.

Have you also looked into the XoneB4 (if money is not an issue)?
    I don't think my laptop has an expansion port? I think the newish ones have card readers instead, could be wrong though.

The DB4 looks a bit gimmicky to me, I'm not to sure on the purpose of all the functions if where using traktor. I couldn't afford one anyways lol

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    No tweaking necessary with the S4 plus I think for the most part you'll end up using the S4 software as the sample deck functionality will move to Pro. 92 is a mighty fine mixer though, if I could afford it it would've been a much harder decision luckily I couldn't so I went S4.
    Do you think NI will make an X1 that incorporates the sample player? I'd love it if NI made a controller for people who want to mix externally that had all the functions you'd need for 4 decks. It'd be laffin that.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's