New apc/Live controller on its way?

Default New apc/Live controller on its way?

Anyone heard the talk about a new apc or live controller?
    with the short restocking of the apc40 and the price drop in the apc20/40 and launchpad i think its safe to say at namm in jan it will be announced
    all so 2 months ago got a email from akai with a survery saying what would you like to see in a new live controller

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Everyone who might tell you more here is under NDA, so basically there are no news yet.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Cool rumors, though. If it's true, I wonder if it's going to be more DJ or Live-performance oriented. People do amazing things with the APC40, but I could definitely stand to see some dj-friedly changes.

And It'd be nice to have a Live DJ-oriented controller that actually has good controls for looping instead of hacking them together or using something that looks like it was laid out in a committee meeting instead of by talking to DJs.

Numark is for the DJ-related stuff and Akai more for the performance-related instruments and controllers. However your idea of crossover-products is pretty good and will be surely embraced in the future.

Are the two companies somehow linked?

I still think that Vestax has the highest change of getting it right as far as Live goes, but…I can't believe what people have done with the APC40…it doesn't make sense to me. The VCM-600 is really close. I'd expect that to be updated first, and I'd bet they might be working on it.

The changes between the vci-100 and the vci-100mk2 are almost exactly what I would have recommended. I can't see them screwing up a VCM-600mk2, though I'm not sure if there's enough of a market for it to actually make it worth while.

Depending on what they'd do, I'd consider either if I stick with Live. I'd rather not have to "upgrade" to a controller that was laid out by a 5-year-old to get the one piece of missing functionality.

Yeah they are linked. Numark, Akai and Alesis operate as Numark Industries, LLC of Cumberland RI. Akai was bought in 2004 by Jack O'Donnell who already owned the other two.

The APC40 offers a lot of bang for your back.A lot of people like to trigger clips as mad. The VCM-600 is for users preferring a different workflow and also comes with a much higher pricetag (which is always a consideration, even for well-known producers/DJs as I lately noticed when one of them came up to me to take advantage of my Akai-discount.).

well live all so has 25% off untill january(the weekend before namm to be infact)
    so we could see live 9 (prays) or more stripped down verison with a new controller.
    its all rumor mill for now.but i loved my apc40 would add a few more controls but nothing much,its more live 8 that needs tweaking for the performance/dj side of things witch i think 9 will include

I use my apc40 so much, im thinking about buying a second one. adding on a 20 doesnt seem like enough for me.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    I use my apc40 so much, im thinking about buying a second one. adding on a 20 doesnt seem like enough for me.
    Screw them together... there's already an APC80, what would we call that!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by AboveDat! View Post
    i think its safe to say at namm in jan it will be announced
    There are a couple of us that'll be there. I'll see if we can get a blog or something up and running to keep you all up to date!
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent