Another "what laptop" thread
    Tech Guru

Default Another "what laptop" thread

hey guys. time for me to upgrade. half the keys are falling off my 4 year old lenovo t60p.

Money is not an issue reaqlly, and yes, I would be willing to go with the Macbook pro, BUT, 2 usb ports seems like a pretty big bottleneck to me, as I've had bad experiences with usb hubs.

What should I get?

Tech Guru

ahem, bumppp. money in hand guys, what should i go with?

You obviously want to go with the MBP. There's enough evidence and researched articles on here about which hubs will work well.
    I have a macbook and it was a pain working it out, but I just use a logitech powered hub (which I never plug in, mind you) and i've never had a drama with it.

When it comes down to it, for stability and reliability I can't recommend a mac enough. It wont fall to pieces in a year and needs very little love. If possible (and because you're cashed up) go with a solid state hd upgrade.

Take the plunge!

Tech Guru

haha, I know I know mbp is the obvious choice... just trying to beat my hate for the machine I guess (windows user haha). I was hoping I would get some hardcore PC fanboys who actually made good arguments.... guess I was fooling myself haha.

Haha yeah. Mac hating is an interesting concept.. I don't hate on windows. Though in my experience (and just about every body else in the world who has switched), there's not really any comparison between the two.
    I used to get new pc's every 2 years in school. They were completely unusable after about a year. Yeah I treated them like shit, but I've had my mac for 3 years and it runs the same as the day I got it. Only trouble I've had with it was one of my ram cards died. I popped it out and put in a new one.

I don't want to start a big deal here, everyones sick of the argument. I'm just saying that if you're still keen on a pc, there's heaps of guys here that use it and it works well, personally I wouldn't use anything other than a mac in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    haha, I know I know mbp is the obvious choice... just trying to beat my hate for the machine I guess (windows user haha). I was hoping I would get some hardcore PC fanboys who actually made good arguments.... guess I was fooling myself haha.
    There are a LOT of threads about this...

If money isn't an issue, then it's a no-brainer... suck it up, drink the kool aid and get a MBP.

If you're used to Windows, get another Lenovo, or a Dell Latitude... I don't think you need a full blown alienware or XPS to get decent results from DVS software regardless of which one you choose... in fact I would think it would be less taxing on the machine if you did the controllerism thing.

Since money is no object you might want to consider one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500 (although not nearly as good as a mac for DJing..anything less and all your tracks will output as Justin Bieber songs)

btw, I'm on a $250 Dell D830 running Win7-64bit, and I'll pit the stability/reliability of my machine against anyone's... 3 nights a week running DVS... Saturdays till 5am.
    Last edited by Nosferatu; 11-25-2010 at 12:32 AM.

get an asus with an i5 or i7 processor and buy 4 gigs of ram giving you 8 gigs of ram (optional)..run UBUNTU on it and you should be fine.. I think it is better than MBP and you don't have to sell your soul

I think the real question here is.. Do you want to be a cool guy dressed casually and with witty come backs, or be old, nerdy, and dressed like a librarian?
    I'd run down to your nearest apple store before word of this thread travels too far..
    Last edited by levvis; 11-25-2010 at 12:25 AM.

pretty much sums it all up

These types of threads seem to be popping up more often than not now...