SF Bay Area Forum Members - Cool Event!
    Tech Guru

Default SF Bay Area Forum Members - Cool Event!

Hey everyone!
    I'm still trying to meet any other TechTools forum members in real life. Here's a good opportunity (and it's FREE!!). I'm playing this event in a week and a half that is looking to be very sweet indeed. The Flaming Lotus Girls are a long running female-driven art collective. They're celebrating ten years of large and small scale fire art and multi-media sculptures. There's going to be tons of great art, fire, costumes, and of course music.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161363853900135

I'm playing with the Ambient Mafia, The Space Cowboys will be rocking it after us. Event is 7 pm to 2 am Dec. 3, my set will be from 10-11pm. I'm probably going to be the only digital jock there, we'll see how the switch-overs go, lol!

Come out, support local arts and music, I want to actually meet some of you!

Edit: forgot to mention - I'll be playing downtempo and chunky chill-out grooves... I think most of the music will be on the laid back side.
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 11-24-2010 at 03:18 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Student

Damn...sounds like a good opportunity to see some controllerism in action. If I'm still in the country, I'll go!

Nice one man, I'm there. Do you go to Friends & Family campouts? We might've already met and just not know it. I've seen the Ambient Mafia quite a few times.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Damn, seems like a sweet event bro'!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Nice one man, I'm there. Do you go to Friends & Family campouts? We might've already met and just not know it. I've seen the Ambient Mafia quite a few times.
    Hahah, yeah maybe so! It's been a few years, but yeah, I used to go to some FnF events. Never played at one though. Good peoples, good times. Come say hi at the booth - I'll be the one wearing the shirt with beets on it. Not "beats" but literally beets, the vegetable.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Will do, I know Redstick Man and he's playing just before you so I'm sure I'll see you. Maybe won't hit you up til after your set. Looking forward to it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Coolness guys!

Spreading the happy vibe!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I've seen FLG's work out on the Playa at Burning Man -- some amazing stuff. This looks like a fun event. I'll come out if I can.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Guru

Well, nice event, everything went off without a hitch. Don't know if anyone from the forum actually made it out, but if you did, thanks! Too bad there was no fire, turns out it was a bit more of a gallery-type event than a showcase of the actual fire sculpture. That's ok though, the turnout was awesome, and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

ahhh WTF i missed this!!! damn it next time theres a DJ Tech Tools Bay Area event someone let me know! (i missed ean play at EPR too, im majorly pissed about that one. trying to meet some other controllerists for once!)

http://soundcloud.com/dj-solus
    -
    Equipment: M-Audio Xponent w/ Torq Software, Akai APC40 w/ Ableton Live 8, Korg Padkontrol