DJ'ing on Android, not ready for public performance! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TouchOSC is being developed for Android..!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

Seriously Tom, WTF are you talking about. Turn off your Phrack podcast, put down the 2600, and clue in.

Anything is POSSIBLE. It's POSSIBLE that the DJ booth will get struck by lightening, and the only thing that saves the DJ is that he's using wireless. It's possible that a meteor will fall from the sky. But what you're talking about is not only HIGHLY unlikely, it would take more time than would be convenient. Like I said, no one is going to rock a yagi and wardrive these events on the off chance the DJ is using a WiFi connection. There are lots of possibilities for interrupting the performance (from spark gap devices to man in the middle attacks). But they are ALL things an angry patron would have to PREPARE for. No one is going to sit there with an iPad or iPhone or netbook and do the kind of things necessary to accomplish what you're talking about. You've been watching too much TV, and listening to other clueless users.

If someone wanted to disrupt a performance, there are MUCH faster and easier ways of doing it. You're harping on one of the least likely.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Seriously Tom, WTF are you talking about. Turn off your Phrack podcast, put down the 2600, and clue in.

Anything is POSSIBLE. It's POSSIBLE that the DJ booth will get struck by lightening, and the only thing that saves the DJ is that he's using wireless. It's possible that a meteor will fall from the sky. But what you're talking about is not only HIGHLY unlikely, it would take more time than would be convenient. Like I said, no one is going to rock a yagi and wardrive these events on the off chance the DJ is using a WiFi connection. There are lots of possibilities for interrupting the performance (from spark gap devices to man in the middle attacks). But they are ALL things an angry patron would have to PREPARE for. No one is going to sit there with an iPad or iPhone or netbook and do the kind of things necessary to accomplish what you're talking about. You've been watching too much TV, and listening to other clueless users.

If someone wanted to disrupt a performance, there are MUCH faster and easier ways of doing it. You're harping on one of the least likely.
    Obviously you're forgetting all the Dick Dastardlys of the DJing world.

Oh, and hey goon.

Tech Guru

Oh, and hey goon.
    Sup fag. I am indeed protected!

Tech Guru

Its the most discrete way of disrupting a performance. And it is not as hard as you think. Your talking about script kiddie tools.

Tech Guru

I think Android will eventually be a major player for DJ related apps, but there's going to be so much high profile stuff out in the next year and a half for iOS that it's really going to take something amazing and unique to break Droid out. TouchOSC is cool, and it served that role for iOS, but it's not going to do the same thing for Android.

Also, don't discount the Windows platform. It's too early to tell yet, but if Microsoft decides to make a real go of it with a tasty platform and a competent OS loaded on it, this might end up being a contender. Right now the hardware is limited, but if they chose to really embrace something like the Inspiron Duo things could really get interesting.

Tech Student

Hey guys.

I just released my DJ app for Android tablets. I'm just one guy but have devoted my last two months to developing this app and will continue to add features (and phone support up next).

Right now you can mix and play 2 MP3 files, adjust pitch, 3 band EQ, split the output to mono cue and mono master, nudge and scratch... The latency is pretty low on my tablet. The whole app is written in C with just a little Java layer so I think that will give me an advantage in performance over the Java-based DJ apps.

There's a free (ad-supported) version and a paid version that has no nag screens or ads:

DJPad for Android Paid version ($2.99)

DJPad Lite for Android (Free version)

Once this becomes more stable I plan on releasing an app similar to TouchOSC (configurable touch UI that outputs rtpMIDI). All in time!

Please let me know if you install this and it works or doesn't work. I've only tested it on my tablet so I'd love to know if other tablets work or not.. Android is annoying with so many different hardware devices!

Thanks
    Tom

Nice! Please make this compatible with galaxy s devices!
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Student

DJPad for Android is now compatible with most modern Android phones (including Galaxy devices)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12