midi controller + an external mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default midi controller + an external mixer

ive seen it on youtube is it possible to use a midi controller and an external mixer to dj with traktor and if so how do you set it up in traktor because i downloaded the tsi file for my controller but i just dont know how to use them both at the same time

I used to do this with a numark mixer and the korg nanokontroller.are you using an external sound card though?

Tech Mentor

you need an external soundcard like the audio 2/4/8 and select external mixer in the settings and set up the routings on your soundcard. then you have to connect the soundcard to the mixer and you're done

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

and map the controller to whatever you like and the mixer ain't doing (fx, transport, hotcues, looping, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    you need an external soundcard like the audio 2/4/8 and select external mixer in the settings and set up the routings on your soundcard. then you have to connect the soundcard to the mixer and you're done
    yeah, this is the setup I used. who was the guy saying he had a 4 deck setup with the audio 2dj? I can't remember how he did that.

Tech Mentor

ah you can route channel C&D into the same channels as A&B, not really a 4 channel setup but i guess its good enough to play some samples over the main decks

Tech Wizard

oh but when i used the mappings for my controller and assign what i want it to do it still doesnt work...like the "midi" thing that lights up when you use a midi device doesnt light up when i use my controller but besides that i have everything else set up properly

Quote Originally Posted by djcaptainshawn View Post
    yeah, this is the setup I used. who was the guy saying he had a 4 deck setup with the audio 2dj? I can't remember how he did that.
    I'm running 4 decks with an Audio2 and my controller. Just used a series of modifiers to switch between A and C on one side, and B and D on the other.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you can't use an audio 2/4dj to route four channels to an external mixer, you are missing 2 outputs.
    internal mixing is another boat

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    you can't use an audio 2/4dj to route four channels to an external mixer, you are missing 2 outputs.
    internal mixing is another boat
    Correct, I didn't know we were still talking about externally. Internally, not a problem.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast