Mapping a knob to change the key?

Question Mapping a knob to change the key?

Hey,

I know I haven't posted this in the mapping section but that's only because I figured the S4 crowd will be the only ones able to answer this.

I notice that there is 4 gain knobs and they don't have a 'alt' function. Pushing the knob in resets the gain. But other than that they do nothing else.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to assign them a shift + key fuction? I tried to set it up now and it kinda worked (key knob turned) however the gain also moved.

I really get lost in Traktor mapping though so I'm probably doing something really wrong.

Any ideas?

Tobes

Tech Wizard

anyone care to give some more insight on how you then would allow the mapping of the key adjustment?

You need to set a modifier ... so that when M=0, it does gain ... when M=1, it does Key ... M goes from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 by clicking the shift button (or temporarily go to 1 if you hold the shift button. Depending on what you want to do).

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/2...ini-modifiers/ will help you. If you want it to go to 1 when you hold shift, just click "Hold" and now "Direct" (at least I'm pretty sure how you do it

Tech Wizard

ahh thank you so much got it all working now! : )

Can you share your TSI for this?

It's the only tweak I want to make for the Kontrol S4, but my Traktor mapping is weak.

Too busy right now but if you look at the link I posted, you should get it done within 30 mins