Traktor and Mainstage Problems

Default Traktor and Mainstage Problems

When a song is playing on deck A in Traktor, the output in mainstage and logic are muted to the beat of the song playing (in traktor)

I'm trying to play the ultrabeat drum patterns out of Mainstage into Deck D as an audio through in Traktor and it works fine until I play a song on Deck A...

Why is this? Any ideas? Until I can get it to stop doing that it is impossible to use the two programs together.

Thanks for you're help,
    Uncle DJ

Could you please explain to us a bit better how you have everything wired/routed together

Sure Bento

Mainstage -> computer's built in output -> inputs 1&2 on my Hercules RMX (via a "Y" cable)

Within traktor, the inputs for deck D are set as inputs 1&2 (from the RMX)

Channel D is set as "Audio Through"

With this routing, anything I play in mainstage (or from anything that's coming out of my computer's input) goes perfectly through to Deck D in Traktor, with full use of FX mixer and everything else you'd expect from an audio through.

The Problem: As soon as I hit the play button on Deck A, Mainstage mutes the instrument channels on and off to the beat. I've played around with this for sooo long and nothing seems to help...

Thanks for you're help man

Any thing to do with duplicate midi signals?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Wouldn't you be better off routing the audio through software rather than out and back in?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

I saw your other post, however I can't help you since I have never used Mainstage and don't really know why this is causing a problem.

The only thing I can think of but I can't verify this is that mainstage is muting the track because it is record armed in some way, such that the incoming audio is being muted because it is recieving audio input from a record source to avoid a feedback loop or from you playing over previously recorded material kind of how multi-track recorders work. I however have no way to verify this and I am only throwing out ideas.

Tech Guru

English pls? XD Sorry I can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Wouldn't you be better off routing the audio through software rather than out and back in?
    Not really, not untill Traktor gets ReWire support. SoundFlower/Jack just isn't stable enough...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Any thing to do with duplicate midi signals?
    I have my money on that one also.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"