Question about midi-mixer

Default Question about midi-mixer

Hi all,

As the end of year is getting nearer, the endyear bonus awakens the gearjunkie in me.

I have 2 X1's which are doing their job just fine and connected them on a digital mixer (technics sh mz-1200). this all comes together in an Audio8 DJ.

All those cables from mixer to soundcard doesn't make the setup quite portable, plus, the knobs on the mixer are quite small.

I have my eyes on the Pioneer DJM 700, which has midi-support, so I can use all the midi functionality and basically get rid of all the cables.

I have a few questions however, and I was hoping you could answer them:

1) Does the mixer have an "internal soundcard"? Since I already have an Audio8DJ, thereīs no real need for it and I donīt really get the final answer from the specs on the Pioneer site.

2) Would the midi control go through the midi-out? Since I don't see an USB port, I assume it's handled through that port (which means I need a Midi to usb cable)

3) Anybody got some experience with the unit? I like pioneer mixers a lot, sturdy machines with big knobs, I wonder if that's the same with this one. Also, How would it compare with the Denon X1600? I have the feeling the pioneer mixers are better in general, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

1: No soundcard
    2: Yes the midi goes from the midi out jack on the back - you could plug the cable into your Audio 8
    3: It feels real good and well built mate - you won't be dissapointed.

re: the Denon X1600 - this does have a soundcard built in - I would rather have the denon but thats just personal preference and the fact the soundcard is included, very little to choose between them really.
    SC | MC

Hi Nick, thanks for your answer. Good idea about conecting it to the audio 8dj. Strange, I have used that kind of setup (old kaoss pad) before, why didn't i think of that?

Good that there's no soundcard, cause I don't need it really with the audio 8dj.

Any particular reason why the denon over the pioneer?
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9