Beyond facebook

Thread: Beyond facebook

Tech Guru

Default Beyond facebook

Ive been thinking a lot lately about the future of Facebook. This is just my opinion but i feel that facebook is going to be on the decline soon. In a way I feel like its becoming like cable tv, just a lot of content that you don't care about but gets thrown in your face anyway. Unfortuntately now its become nothing more than a friend collecting contest and a marketing tool to reach the masses of users on there. Its also become very cluttered, like an overcrowded city its becoming more and more difficult to have a voice. As a dj I want to build a loyal fan base and I feel facebook Is making it difficult to reach those people.

I view djtechtools as a social networking site done right. It offers valuable content and has a dedicated user community. Ive posted more on here then i have on facebook. I feel like i can add value and take value from this site when I'm here. Facebook has yet to do that for me.

So I ask whats beyond Facebook? Or speculatively of course, what do you think will be beyond facebook.

Tech Guru

FaceFu*k! It's 3D facebook all in your grill.

J/K, honestly I wish I new so I can join the ranks of mega buzzilionaires.

People are nuts with facebook...It caters not only to the voyeur but peeping toms as well. I have a family member that doesn't post a think but knows everything about other people. I think people give too much up on Facebook, it's really nuts and moreover scary.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

I'm sure they said similar things about email. And IM. And SMS. Etc, etc.

People will just have more options to interact. Usage might just level out or even reduce slightly. I remember having this argument with a friend who works in SEO over two years ago and now look at it. Big picture: It's another form of communication. The biggest issue they have is ruining user confidence.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Ive been thinking a lot lately about the future of Facebook. This is just my opinion but i feel that facebook is going to be on the decline soon. In a way I feel like its becoming like cable tv, just a lot of content that you don't care about but gets thrown in your face anyway. Unfortuntately now its become nothing more than a friend collecting contest and a marketing tool to reach the masses of users on there. Its also become very cluttered, like an overcrowded city its becoming more and more difficult to have a voice. As a dj I want to build a loyal fan base and I feel facebook Is making it difficult to reach those people.

I view djtechtools as a social networking site done right. It offers valuable content and has a dedicated user community. Ive posted more on here then i have on facebook. I feel like i can add value and take value from this site when I'm here. Facebook has yet to do that for me.

So I ask whats beyond Facebook? Or speculatively of course, what do you think will be beyond facebook.
    To be totally honest I think face book still does a great job of letting me keep track of fans and friends. Its easy for them to find me on there and keep in contact with them. Dj techtools really isn't a social networking sight.. i mean when was the last time you met someone and were like oh let me look you up on DJTT so we can keep in contact! I mean its a great site for information about DJing but that's all it is.

If you are serious about building a loyal fan base, bing a notebook to your gigs, get names, contact information emails, start a mailing list get personal. That's how you build a real fan base.