First S4 gig last night
    Tech Mentor

Default First S4 gig last night

Had my first gig with the S4 last night. All went well and I really enjoyed using it. Played for 6hrs straight without any problems.

During the gig I found you can ffwd and rwd through the track in preview by turning the browse knob making track preview pretty much ideal.

Headphone vol wasn't as loud as I thought it might be. Wasn't anywhere near full but higher than I have it on Other mixers.

Really enjoying how you can have options for mixing in sync or synced and then using the jog wheels or unsynced and jogwheels for the turntable feel.

Noticed the mixer section looked pretty grubby today after a nights use. A downside of the high gloss finish.

good to hear, glad it went well for you still waiting for mine was ment to get to the store on the 7th or so got stuck in customs should be able to get it tomorrow, i hope it lives up to my expectations seeing as everyone is raving about it :P

Tech Convert

Played live with the S4 10hrs over the weekend. and not a sign of a problem . I even feel the sound is cleaner than traktor pro, maybe due to using the balanced out straight to amps?
    +1 on the glossy finish, too many fingerprints. maybe a skin would help, (or the missus with a micro cloth??)
    Overall impression in a live environment, Brilliant!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rishi View Post
    Headphone vol wasn't as loud as I thought it might be. Wasn't anywhere near full but higher than I have it on Other mixers.
    Remember you can put the headphone volume up in the software as well. When you open up the full mixer view, the head phone volume is to the right of the crossfader under Deck B. Try putting that up some. too much and you might get distortion though.

Sweet pic man. Great to hear of guys playing out with their gear.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

sebastiannz

slighty OT: is there a way to quickly skim through tracks while in browse mode. I use my jog wheels to browse but sometimes it is too slow with 200+ tracks in a folder. I thought shift + jog wheel would speed it up but that doesn't work - anyone know the hot key?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Remember you can put the headphone volume up in the software as well. When you open up the full mixer view, the head phone volume is to the right of the crossfader under Deck B. Try putting that up some. too much and you might get distortion though.

Sweet pic man. Great to hear of guys playing out with their gear.
    I see. Not at home atm but does that volume work like the master vol as in a percentage of that setting? Whilst the Mix volume must be equal to the knob setting I presume?

Tech Guru

Dj don'ts #1.

Don't Punch holes in the wall when s4 fails lol :P

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Good to see/hear some of the DJTT guys using the KS4 out at live gigs.

Hope to see more and more.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Put in a good word for me with NI so I can get hooked up with a S4
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |