How to be a Dj Duo?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to be a Dj Duo?

Hi people,

i have a thing running through my mind to which i cant find no answer :l
    Its like me and a friend have been practicing djing together some times now and its really fun, so he suggested being a dj duo.

But what exactly is a dj duo now and how can we be one? Like just playing one after the other is not really a duo but more 2 single djs who are friends.

What im looking for is a solution how we can perform like together without one being forced to be like a lightdj, or to buy a effect-device to play arround with.

One of my ideas was to go like: my setup -> mixer <- his setup, so its like 8 decks played by 2 persons, but thats prolly hard, because its really based on beatmatching by hearing.

Anyone got any idea what we could do to ''perform'' together, or is the best advice to just stop to think about that?

Thanks in advance

When my brother and i go b2b we do 3-4 tracks each with the timecodes, easier to mix into each other that way. Sometimes i just use the controllers and we swap when we are bored or need a drink ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

thats what were doing now, playing one controller, but the problem is that the other guy not mixing has nothing to do, which almost everytime ends in a bitchfight over who already mixed more, or it ends with a dead drunk guy :l

a friend of ours starts scratching over our tracks when he gets bored lol. I find it a bit difficult to mix into the boys when i'm using traktor and they are using the cdj's, but no such issues with the timecodes though.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

me ans a friend both use traktor scratch pro, and are sync'd via midi clock, so we can have 8 channels going at once and in perfect time,
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

hum, maybe we should buy some korg nanopad and nanocontroll and let the other play with effects and that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    me ans a friend both use traktor scratch pro, and are sync'd via midi clock, so we can have 8 channels going at once and in perfect time,
    explain that further to me pls? you connect the both laptops or what?

id would be great if you could detail it a bit for me because it sounds like what im looking for

jeah i found that too, but im still curious as how theyre ''connected via midiclock or if they just have a midi clock 'ticking' to sync themselves without having any actual connection.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kidcolt View Post
    jeah i found that too, but im still curious as how theyre ''connected via midiclock or if they just have a midi clock 'ticking' to sync themselves without having any actual connection.
    Magic? There is a connection but I don't know how its configured.
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 11-28-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast