Beginner Setup - $715 Max
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Beginner Setup - $715 Max

Hey guys,

I already talk about it a lil bit in my last post, (shipping and taxes to france), but actualy, i don't think the subject is appropriate. that's why I created this new post.

So, my MAXIMUM budget is 550euros, shipping inclueded ($715), and i live in france

What is the best economical choise, knowing that i got a MBP 2007 2.2Ghz c2duo.

-i think traktor S4 is too expensive

-maybe used VCI, than upgrade it myself and audio2dj?

-maybe MKII vci, but too expensive too?

I'd like to buy a product, with a community, that's why mi first choice has been vci-100, cause DJTT videos, and this forum can be a huge help, for a beginner like me.

My last question is: will the vci-100 se be compatible with the macbook pro core ix? cause i saw that there is is big problem with freezes on core ix based computer...

i'm very grateful of everyting I can learn here, so thanks everyone

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cassius View Post
    Hey guys,

I already talk about it a lil bit in my last post, (shipping and taxes to france), but actualy, i don't think the subject is appropriate. that's why I created this new post.

So, my MAXIMUM budget is 550euros, shipping inclueded ($715), and i live in france

What is the best economical choise, knowing that i got a MBP 2007 2.2Ghz c2duo.

-i think traktor S4 is too expensive

-maybe used VCI, than upgrade it myself and audio2dj?

-maybe MKII vci, but too expensive too?

I'd like to buy a product, with a community, that's why mi first choice has been vci-100, cause DJTT videos, and this forum can be a huge help, for a beginner like me.

My last question is: will the vci-100 se be compatible with the macbook pro core ix? cause i saw that there is is big problem with freezes on core ix based computer...

i'm very grateful of everyting I can learn here, so thanks everyone
    Yeah a used VCI in good shape is gonna be the best deal you can find. I assume you already have Traktor Pro? I have a 2008 Macbook with similar stats and I've never had any issues with TP or my VCI when I had one.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by cassius View Post
    Hey Cassius!

This wont help you much but im just letting you know that over here at DJTT it's not a product based community. As in everyone sports whatever they fancy. The VCI-100 is used here and modded here a lot but I can guarantee (hopefully Photo, Karlos, Tekki, JesC or someone backs me up over here!) that you'll be able to get help regardless of what piece of hardware you choose. This forum has a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of pretty much everything! So don't limit your purchasing options because of a community!

I hope you find whats right for you!
    Coldfuzion

Tech Mentor

thank's a lot for your replies!

I know that here, i'll be able to find a lot of help for a lot of different dj stuff (and i'm very happy to have found this place!). But the thing about vci-100 se is that am gonna find a lot of very nice tutorial videos, which can be a very good frame for a beginner like me.
    my budget doesn't takes in traktor pro, it's gonna be a christmass gift

S4 is my dream, but i think i don't have the money to reach this dream yet.

Maybe my only choice is a vci-100 which I upgrade ( I think i'll put arcade buttons, is seems to be really easy) and audio 2dj?

And do you have some reviews of VCI-100 on core I5 or 7 in an MBP?

thanks a lot guys!

Another option would be to get two CDJ-200's and a mixer of your choice.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...00+Refurbished (CDJ-200's at $199USD a pop).

Otherwise, you can find some deals on used VCI-100 and VCI-300's, but with the Christmas season coming, they seem to be going pretty quickly. Don't forget you'd need software and audio interface for most controllers as well.

If you can't find a used VCI, another viable option would be getting something like the Hercules RMX or Hercules Steel + Audio Interface. Those would both be within your budget and allow you to upgrade the software.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Thanks!

No pioneer store in france
    But i'd prefer a midi controler.

If i can't find a VCI, i'll have a look at hercule stuff!

thank you very much

Tech Guru

MBP - if it works with Traktor it will work with your controller. You should be fine.

I think you are on the right track, there are so many users here with a VCI that any questions you may have, have probably already been discussed and figured out. If I had your budget I would go that route 100%. I would not look at other products. In the event you find something cheaper - evetually your going to want to get the VCI or something better. I say just stay patient and within your price range I'm sure you'll find it. Don't go cheap. It cost more in the long run.

another option is to consider a set-up with an X1. Maybe a mixer and an X1, or a midi mixer and two X1's. If you think about Hawtin, Dubfire, etc. Most of those dudes play on 2 X1's and a Xone 92. Grant it a Xone is over 1000.00's but an X1 is 200 bucks, and a M-Audio X session pro is 80.00.

I think it comes down to how you envision yourself playing and what you need. I think you have a good budget to get some good gear to rock a party.
    Last edited by haze324; 11-28-2010 at 09:17 AM.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I Think there is a problem between core i chipsets and midi controlers, including some vestax.
    I found some informations about it on the internet, but i don't know if chipset used in mbp are touched by this problem...
    Thanks for you message, i'll be patient

Tech Guru

Bro you got way to many options to comment. I don't have any doubts you can find a great setup for way under $750. But your talking quality and you have to pay for that, you know how it goes.

I've always liked Reloop Digital Jockey midi, my friends had one awhile back and we used to jam on that thing:
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Reloop-Digital-Jockey-2-Interface/dp/B00418F3NG[/ame]

Audio 2 external soundcard:
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instruments-AUDIO-DJ-Interface/dp/B002N2TWSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1290956898&sr=1-1[/ame]

That's $450 with free shipping from Amazon. I'll leave you some shopping room : D. Find yourself some headphones or speakers and your good to go.

Also Keep your eye on the classifieds here, some good deals in there but they go quick. Also check out guitar center used section, even though its a bit of a hassle to deal with them.

Have fun,
    -Digi

haha are you joking? no pioneer store in france, i was in one of probably hundred in france.

NUMARK STEALTH CONTROL http://www.thomann.de/de/numark_stealth_control.htm

free shipping over 199€ so you take audio 2 dj or 4 dj + KONTROL X1 and you are ready!

mybe only numark stealth and soundcard...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast