Problems loading S4 Software on Vista
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Problems loading S4 Software on Vista

Hopefully someone can help....

First venture from CDs to digital with the S4 purchased on the weekend. Tried loading the software on my older Toshiba Satellite A200 (Core2Duo, 2GB RAM) before I can afford a new mac.

I have disabled UAC on Vista 32-bit and Anti-virus, yet when I run as administrator it goes through and loads on service centre and Controller Editor and then I get an error message saying "Could not access network location \Native Instruments."

I click Cancel and it then finishes running and provides error message with "Fatal error during installation".

I have not had this issue with any other (non-dj) software before. Has anyone seen this before and know how to get around this?

Have you tried just running it outside of Administrator?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply.

I tried running in as non-administrator and it has advised me it requires administrator access.

I have also removed Norton and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts?

A possible upgrade to Windows 7? I'd highly reccomend it!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Thanks for the heads up.

Native Instruments have replied and are working through options. Will keep you posted...

Tech Guru

Do you have enough hardrive space for the installation? Its the only other thing I can think of that would cause a problem.

Ask for new install disk(s), say its defective.

Tech Convert

Plenty of space left on HDD - 77GB

I think it is something specific with my security setting...maybe due to factory install?

Tech Guru

Have you tried the custom install option? Try just installing the S4's main program, then if you get no errors on installation. Then go back and install the Service Center and Controller Editor.

I don't know how many disks there are. But if there is multiple disks, you will have to convert them into a .iso file and mount them.

Just an FYI, here's how to disable UAC in vista:

Open up Control Panel, and type in user account into the search box. You'll see the link for "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off". Click it. Uncheck the box, and reboot your computer.

Turn off/on the alert:

In Control Panel, go to the Security Center. On the left hand side, click the "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and choose "Don't notify me and don't display the icon (not recommended)" as shown.

You may also want to look into your internet settings/firewall. "Could not access network location \Native Instruments" sounds like a connection problem with NI.

good luck,
    Digi
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 11-30-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Tech Convert

Thanks Deviantdigi.

No luck with custom install. It forces it to install all 3 components from 1 cd. the funny thing is it finishes install of controller editor after it fails with S4 Program.

I don't think it is connecting to the internet as it states in the book it is ok to install offline.

Still awaiting feedback from NI as their first option hasn't helped.

Tech Convert

Hi Thanks to all for assisting. Much appreicated

NI support team uncovered the issue - missing components from registry keys in vista. Thankyou NI team.

Anyway loving the S4 down in Oz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast