Need help with new setup (traktor scratch pro & x1 controller)

Default Need help with new setup (traktor scratch pro & x1 controller)

Hi guys.

I've just purchased a new mac, traktor scratch pro & the x1 controller and I'm having a nightmare trying to set it up.

As soon as I got the mac i updated its software so everything is up to date there. After i installed the scratch pro & x1 software i updated that too through the "Service centre." I also registered both products.

Now as far as I'm aware you need scratch pro version 1.2.4 or over for the x1 controller to work. So, I downloaded version 1.2.7 and went through the installion peocess and everything seemed fine. I restarted the mac as requested. When i opened scratch pro and checked the version is was still the original installed version (1.2.2). I tried to reinstall the update again and it seemed to work, until i re checked the version and it was still 1.2.2. So, I uninstalled all of the traktor & x1 software and reinstalled it again, however the exact same thing happened.

The x1 controller flashes for a second or two when I connect it to the mac then it goes blank. The hotcue & shift keys also light up when pressed but nothing else seems to work. If I turn the knobs nothing happens in traktor other than the midi symbol (top centre) flickers, however none of the other virtual buttons work.

I had a quick look in control manager and under "device" the only thing listed is "Generic keyboard device." I'm assuming the x1 should be listed here if its installed correctly.

I've been at this for 3 days solid at this stage and it's really fustrating that i cant get my new toys to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    Jonny

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude this is not your fault but it is a common mistake.

When updating Traktor it doesnt update your Dock or Desktop start up icons.
    So you are still hitting the old version.

Goto Applications>Native Instruments>Traktor and you should see a new icon dated 'Today' (or whenever you updated) click that and it will start the 1.2.7 version.

Update your Dock icon and your Desktop icon with an Alias of the new one.

let us know how u get on...

Thank you so much Karlos, wish I posted this 3 days ago! Looks like we're up and running. Will give it a full run down later to make sure.

thanks for notifying me of this karlos ;D im getting my first mac after xmas and will end up doing the exact same thing >.<
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by theboytheycalljonny View Post
    Thank you so much Karlos, wish I posted this 3 days ago! Looks like we're up and running. Will give it a full run down later to make sure.
    No worries.
    Yeah this has driven people crazy-mad for a long time and i can understand why.
    You would think it would update the icon but alas no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    thanks for notifying me of this karlos ;D im getting my first mac after xmas and will end up doing the exact same thing >.<
    Awesome... Mac FTW hahaha
    What ya getting?

Hopefully the MBP, ripping the ram out and putting 8gb in soon as i get it

then once i start making money from gigs ill be saving up for either an iMac or mac pro for producing
    Last edited by Cook; 11-29-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Cool.
    Yeah ive been looking at a new Mac for Producing but i just cant justify an iMac, certainly not a Mac Pro cus ive just moved house plus im only just entering the whole Production thing.

I looked at the iMac but i already have 2 x 25" Monitors in extended Desktop with my Dell PC so i figured id get a Mac Mini which i actually just bought this morning.

My sister gets some discount which is cool and as its my Birthday at Xmas i lucked out.

My mum bought me the wireless keyboard, my sister got me the new trackpad and my g/f has bought me 8GB ram from Crucial.

So this time next week ill have a Mac Mini 2.66 / 8GB which is way enough for my needs and it will have Logic on one monitor and Maschine on the other.
    I can also run my MBP as a Node to give the whole thing some extra grunt.

Pretty chuffed. Skint, but chuffed.