Help for and "Old/New DJ"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help for and "Old/New DJ"

Hello to everyone! Let me start by introducing myself to the DJ TECH TOOLS community my name is Enrique but you guys can call me Ricky, I知 from Puerto Rico so nice to meet you all well I have been checking out DJ TECH TOOLS channel for like a year, on YouTube and it got me really inspired to be a DJ again also have been checking out the articles on the website as well, I had a passion for electronic music since I was 8 years old back in 1993 I was the only kid at my school with a cd player, and started making mixes and stuff when I was 12 mixing it on tapes and stuff like that.

I did it till I was 21 the kit I had at that time was a pair of Denon DN-S100 decks and a DN-X100 mixer, I loved them a lot but then I got into other stuff and sold everything, I did a couple of gigs here and there parties and stuff like that also did some internet radio for a while, it was really fun I really miss being a DJ but I知 25 now almost 26 and I was thinking getting into music production, making beats and stuff like that at the moment I知 saving up some money my budget will be like $1,000 or $1,200 something like that to get a music workstation like a Motif or a Korg M3 something in those lines, but when I saw that new controller the S4 my mind exploded and really got me into being a DJ again.

I really love the production aspect of music but also love messing with it you guys know what I mean, I also love the NI Mashine looks really nice and solid, but I want to know what you guys think or recommend me I知 open to anything, should I go back and start Djing again or give music production a go? or something else? I still love electronic music from trance to dubstep love it all, well I hope you guys can give me some input on this and see what it goes from here thank you all have a great day peace.
    -Bitpix- Don't do the same re-mix your life.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's really a question only you can answer. No reason you can't do both though since your budget puts you pretty close to being able to get a Maschine and an S4.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That's really a question only you can answer. No reason you can't do both though since your budget puts you pretty close to being able to get a Maschine and an S4.
    Thats true too but I like to start one thing at a time thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitpix View Post
    Thats true too but I like to start one thing at a time thanks for the feedback.
    If that's the case, go for the S4!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

Welcome Ricky,
    Hey why not DJ the music you produce? XD I'm not as HARDCORE! or EXTREME! as some of you guys but I do a little DJing and music production here and there. As long as your having fun with it.

Cheers,
    -Digi

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    If that's the case, go for the S4!
    Thanks! I might just do that

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Welcome Ricky,
    Hey why not DJ the music you produce? XD I'm not as HARDCORE! or EXTREME! as some of you guys but I do a little DJing and music production here and there. As long as your having fun with it.

Cheers,
    -Digi
    That's an amazing option too never think about it tho thanks for letting me know

So...

Maybe get an S4 to DJ with and then an oxygen 8v2 to produce with.

or one of these https://akaipro.com/mpkmini

A small midi keyboard like that will go a long way when producing.

Then you just need software: Logic or Ableton.

Pretty sure that is all in budget
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

you have to consider that he might need to buy a production software, so theres not really a s4+production-tools option i guess.

Filterkat

the S4 + Maschine option is a good one... s4 is awesome for DJing... and maschine... well ive used heaps of sequencers, programs, hardware/software (own logic 8, reason and protools)... and maschine is an amazing peice of kit... you can produce very descent tracks without the need of any other software and it is VERY intuitive and once you get your head around maschine... (only took me a week) youll be making full tracks in less than an hour (only thing missing is sidechaining... pleeeease NI... next update? ) And if you really wanted to... you could do a bit of both... Personally i have maschine/traktor synced on the one computer... and sometimes when DJing... i like to add in my own little bits to the song with maschine... and its totally synced with traktor... plus you can seamlessly switch between controling the maschine software, and switching to another template to control other paramaters in traktor by using the shift function... I guarantee you wont regret getting both if you do... and i can almost guarantee youll spend more time in maschine than traktor :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast