Who has an i7 15" MacBook Pro?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who has an i7 15" MacBook Pro?

Damn forum search won't let me search for just i7.

I'm about to pull the trigger on getting it, but I want some real world usage results. Better than i5 but by how much? Is it worth the premium?

Whatever...I hate threads like this too. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

* Raises hand.

Had an i7 for the last month or two. Absolutely love it. Performance wise and battery wise it's amazing.

My baby.

Haven't had any experience with the i5 though.. so can't give you any comparable reference.

Tech Mentor

I've got one, and it is a machine of extreme power. The difference between i7 and i5 is slight in normal usage, more visible in high-stress environments, such as videogames, rendering for things, possibly traktor, I've never tried to dj on an i5. I think you'd be fine either way, honestly. I got the i7 cause I do video work on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by dsharps View Post
    I've got one, and it is a machine of extreme power. The difference between i7 and i5 is slight in normal usage, more visible in high-stress environments, such as videogames, rendering for things, possibly traktor, I've never tried to dj on an i5. I think you'd be fine either way, honestly. I got the i7 cause I do video work on my computer.
    +1, I have one and would recommend it especially if you can get a student discount.
    MacBook Pro (2.66 i7| 8GB RAM| 500 GB 7200 RPM) | Ableton 8 Suite | Logic Pro 9 | Kontrol S4 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Akai MPK 25 | Apogee Duet 2 | KRK RP5s

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I don't have one. Buy me one and I'll tell you what's it's like.

Bring Some Turkey, turkey boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I don't have one. Buy me one and I'll tell you what's it's like.

Bring Some Turkey, turkey boy.
    That's naughty.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Damn forum search won't let me search for just i7.

I'm about to pull the trigger on getting it, but I want some real world usage results. Better than i5 but by how much? Is it worth the premium?

Whatever...I hate threads like this too. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Keep in mind the issues there are with the USB controllers on these macbook pro's. Some controllers like the Xone 1D don't work properly on it. Other than that, i5 is much more than adequate for Traktor or any other DJ software.

I want one now

*salivates*

*feels ashamed as knows there is nothing wrong with my current macbook performance wise*

*looks at it's old style aluminum casing*

*tear rolls down cheek*
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I've got the core i7 15"

To put it into perspective, a video that was taking 3 hours to render and then eventually crashing on my housemates 2 yo core duo macbook pro 15, took 35 minutes on mine without breaking too much of a sweat.

I can run Left 4 Dead 2 on full settings and with very minimal lag.

Logic can run about 20-30 tracks depending on what you put on them.

I've run very large ableton live projects.

it's good. and if you think in terms of upgradability.....

A few years down the line, 64 bit software is the norm, smash 8gb of RAM in there and an SSD and you've basically got a new computer!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    Logic can run about 20-30 tracks depending on what you put on them.
    Does that mean 'audio tracks'. Just wondering. Getting my head around Logic, i wont be doing anything that demanding but its good to have bench marks of what can be expected.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast