Here's the back of my Mixer, Now What?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here's the back of my Mixer, Now What?

As we speak, the mixer is up and running using Traktor as well as my two controllers and an Audio2 DJ soundcard.

My speakers are connected to the Master Out on the left, and channel A of the Audio2 is connected to the Phono/line of channel 1 and channel B of the Audio2 to the phono/line of channel 2...leaving the CD inputs on both channel 1 and 2 open.

I am receiving my CDJs soon and wanted to know how to hook them up to also run with my Audio2. I already know how to do it without it, as the CDJ400s have built in soundcards allowing to create one sound device using ASIO4All.
    If I still wanted to use my Audio2 though, is this possible...just plug each CDJ into the CD inputs, or must I go the route of Asio4All without the soundcard?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

If you're just using the cdj's in HID or Midi mode, then you don't have to hook them up to the mixer. The cdj will send control data to traktor, and traktor will output the audio to the 2 channels on your audio 2.

Thank you, answer I was looking for!

So the only reason I would plug them into my mixer is if I was running without software, and in that case, they would go into the CD ports correct?
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Guru

you can have 2 line level devices connected to each channel, selectable with the phono-line/line switch, so it should be grand
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    you can have 2 line level devices connected to each channel, selectable with the phono-line/line switch, so it should be grand
    Can you explain a little more what that means? I know I can switch between CD and Phono/Line on my Mixer, but not sure about the back end set-up...
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Guru

ok, personally the way i would wire it up is the CDJ's would be plugged into the corresponding 'CD' inputs, and the outputs of your audio 2 would be plugged into the phono/line inputs, making sure the small switches on the back are set to 'Line'
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

CDJ's into the PC via USB, then the phono outs on the back of the CDJ into the CD RCAs on the mixer and mix externally outside Traktor?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    CDJ's into the PC via USB, then the phono outs on the back of the CDJ into the CD RCAs on the mixer and mix externally outside Traktor?
    How it's sitting at the moment, but Chris seems to say otherwise.

What is the benefit of doing it your way Chris?
    KRK RP8sFG

Why do you need to use the Audio 2 still?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Why do you need to use the Audio 2 still?
    Don't have to once my CDJs arrive, but to run just my mixer allong with my controllers, I need it. Figured once they come, I might as well keep it, as the sound quailty with it is good and have my latency down to 5ms...
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast