Copyright infringement?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Copyright infringement?

is it illegal to like sell remixes and mashups? Like is it copyright infringement or illegal if i put a bunch of remixes i made on a CD to sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Basically, yes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Well yes and no. Watch this movie about Coryright Copyleft and Creative Commons. This is about Girl Talk the MashUp DJ.

http://films.onf.ca/rip-a-remix-manifesto/
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

if you didnt get clearance by artists/labels then yes, it is totally illegal....

...however, i was once told back in the days of the white label record, that aslong as theres less than 1000 copies, labels dont waste their time
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

But like people sell their remix and what not on soundcloud so thats illegal?
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

your remix is illegal if you do not have it cleared by the artist or copyright holder. If you make money off their stuff they are able to sue for damages. If you dont make money there is little they can do. Its covered it that documentary above

and this one, here are some links both are essential watching one is even free online.

http://ripremix.com/

http://www.goodcopybadcopy.net/

peace
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

+10000 on the clearance thingie

Quote Originally Posted by elliotg View Post
    If you dont make money there is little they can do.
    Apart from asked for it to be taken off soundcloud...

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    +10000 on the clearance thingie
    Well in that case who are ya suposed to contact for permission?? And for those who have done remixs , Are the odds against me for getting permission?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    Apart from asked for it to be taken off soundcloud...
    Or remove whole mixes section from a well known manufacturers forum.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast