audiofire2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: audiofire2

Default audiofire2

Has anybody got one of these?

Can you cue using the headphone output?

Any ground loop issues? etc...

Will it be able to power up with an Expresscard with a 6 pin IEEE 1394a firewire port?

What's the sound quality like?

cheers!

Tech Wizard

I have one and you can cue using the headphone output, used it with traktor 3.4 and pro, I've had no issues with it, runs great under vista.

Sound quality is good to me but have never hooked it up to a PA/Club system, just hifi amp and speakers.

It has 6 pin firewire, but as my lappie only has 4 pin, I've had to use external power.

Tech Wizard

Nice build quality too, aluminium case and small footprint.

Tech Wizard

sounds pretty good on a PA by my ears.

all in all its sounding like a good audio interface cheers for the info!

So do people prefer the audiofire2 over the m-audio fast track pro? Im unsure on what to go for...the fast track pro is USB so I wouldn't need to buy an ExpressCard to FireWire port but I'v read issues with ground looping, also the m-audio looks like it has too many buttons and inputs for what I need it for. I like the simplicity of the audiofire2, I just wish it was USB.

Tech Wizard

get a firewire port.

trying to run a card and a controller through USB is asking for a serious lag problem.

Quote Originally Posted by takeabath View Post
    get a firewire port.

trying to run a card and a controller through USB is asking for a serious lag problem.
    So your saying running a controller such as the vci-100 and a USB audio interface will cause lag?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Um... I don't have this problem and I run a shit ton of USB stuff (2 PadKontrols, an external hard drive, MidiFighter, Audio8). My serious lag problems have all been from running too much crap software wise.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Um... I don't have this problem and I run a shit ton of USB stuff (2 PadKontrols, an external hard drive, MidiFighter, Audio8). My serious lag problems have all been from running too much crap software wise.
    It's all good then
    I got a little worried then when I realised an Expresscard with FireWire ports is 50 English pounds. I'd be looking at the best part of 200 all together with the audiofire2...surely for that price I could purchase a better USB audio interface.

Tech Convert

most cards above 150 will probably be firewire. they dont make high-end usb soundcards because firewire is faster

i have the audiofire2 and its a great soundcard for the price. The only gripe i have with it is that it doesnt have built in preamps, but i picked one up a cheap one off musiciansfriend for like $30US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast