Macbook Pro Hard Cases - recommended?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Macbook Pro Hard Cases - recommended?

hey guys i just bought a brand new macbook pro and i've been OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) -ing about it, i didnt know how easy the aluminium MBPs get smudges (even just by a single touch!) and im so paranoid that im gonna get dents (a few of my friend got dents on their mbps just from small items like a pen dropping into the mbp)

im thinking of protecting my investment with a hard case, so far i am looking at the Speck Seethrough satin or the Incase Hardshell case

anyone use these cases? do they make your macbook pro overheat?

also, there are some el-cheapo cases on ebay that actually look really good (free delivery from hongkong as well, and comes in a range of colours) anyone tried those?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

I use the clear speck case on my Macbook 17" It's great, no problems overheating and protects the case extreemly well.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I used one on my Alu MBP (non unibody) and it worked fine to protect the Mac.

However they get crap underneath them so you need to take it off and clean it.

Also it makes the Mac much thicker and more heavy and a bit clumsy. Kinda spoils the whole look.

They become a tad loose and the clips break easily.

Basically if you are that OCD then defo get one cus when you get a dent in the case it really pisses you off.
    My g/f knocked my phone off the arm of a chair onto the top casing which caused a very small shallow dent... it was just one of those things that happen. She was TOTALLY mortified. I could see the horror in her eyes. I told her it was ok, dont worry. But inside i was dying the death of a thousand men !!!

hmmm i see

im probably gonna try one of those cheaper ebay hard cases first

i wanna sticker up my macbook pro but i always feel like its not right to do so on a new product lol, so what im gonna do is get a clear case and sticker up that clear case so if i ever change my mind i just remove the case
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah thats what i did, got a cheap one from eBay.
    No point buying one of those expensive ones from apple cus it will break eventually.

Sticker up the case mate, not the Mac. You might regret it.

Post up pics of it when done

Tech Guru

I have the iPeal Mcover one. Cost some 25$ and came with a free keyboard cover. no compaints so far in the 3-4 months that iva had it. snaps right on and keeps it protected
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    I have the iPeal Mcover one. Cost some 25$ and came with a free keyboard cover. no compaints so far in the 3-4 months that iva had it. snaps right on and keeps it protected
    oh ya ive seen those in ebay, they come in so many diff colors and got those extendable legs to make room for more air - hmmm might consider one of these they are pretty cheap
    Setup:

I would do the same exact thing if I didn't pay half the price of the laptop to get full coverage insurance for my MacBook from Best Buy. I paid $500 over to get full coverage, including water damage and running over my laptop with my car. If I ever dent it, i'm backing up the info and running it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I would do the same exact thing if I didn't pay half the price of the laptop to get full coverage insurance for my MacBook from Best Buy. I paid $500 over to get full coverage, including water damage and running over my laptop with my car. If I ever dent it, i'm backing up the info and running it over.
    lol!!!
    Setup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

just ordered this for $19.99 USD delivered

seems like a good deal!

i chose the transparent one coz i dont wanna hide the real color of the macbook pro, i just wanna protect it and put some stickers on
    Setup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast