Protecting from scratches...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Protecting from scratches...

I noticed after my first session of cutting on the S4 (which was sick by the way) there were little scuff marks and small scratched by the fader. Is this bothering you guys or are you not giving a f*ck. I'm sure after ahile I'm not going to care but this piece of equipment is sooo sick...want to keep it as flawless as possible. Am I the only one being this anal? I put some clear tape over that area for now just to protect it. Anyone else have any ideas?

That's pretty poor. I know everyone here loves the S4 - great shame that it's not gonna stand up to rugged use.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Fr@nz View Post
    I noticed after my first session of cutting on the S4 (which was sick by the way) there were little scuff marks and small scratched by the fader. Is this bothering you guys or are you not giving a f*ck. I'm sure after ahile I'm not going to care but this piece of equipment is sooo sick...want to keep it as flawless as possible. Am I the only one being this anal? I put some clear tape over that area for now just to protect it. Anyone else have any ideas?
    Hardly. It's why I can't wait for the flight case to be widely available so I can protect my baby.

Tech Convert

Yea I'm waiting for the case also but the little scuff marks from scratching can't be avoided with the case. It's due to my fingers rubbing up against the actual mixer when using the fader to scratch. I'm not doing a great job at explaining but anyhow, I notice these scuff marks around the fader on vci's and other mixers too. I guess a sticker should solve problem...maybe some cool DJTT stickers or something.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You won't find a well used battle mixer out there that doesn't have these marks or the paint just completely gone.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

You're right. Aside from my Rane mixers every single one I have owned has had the scuffs from scratching so much. I'm probably just being too anal cause it's brand new and probably the best piece of equipment I have purchased in a minute. I'm still amazed on how they captured the feel of a record on those little jog wheels.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1º months it hurts a bit but my advice is, enjoy your gear

Tech Wizard

if theres no sign of use then ur not using it right

Tech Convert

Has anyone purchased one of these yet?

I was thinking about getting one to protect from scratches and finger prints.

http://www.12inchskinz.com/categorie...e-Instruments/
    2x CDJ-2000s | DJM-900 Nexus | 2x Technics 1200MK2 | Traktor Pro | Sennheiser HD 25-1 II | 15" MacBook Pro | KRK ROKIT 10-3

Tech Convert

Might have to pick one up. Yo sweetwater.com has the traktor case in stock. I called and ordered mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast