Cue Juggling in Torq a la Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Cue Juggling in Torq a la Traktor

Ok. Not really good with the vocabulary and terms, so I'll try to be descriptive. I have had Torq for a while now, and don't feel like switching over to Traktor, but there is something that always makes me want to. I've seen a ton of videos that show some cool juggling routines like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5IfY1IBbh4

My question - is it me, or does Torq not allow for the same sort of "quick hit" action as Traktor? In other words, Traktor seems to allow users to set off cues without automatically setting them into continuous play mode. In the video, Ean Golden has to actually hold the cue button down to keep the track playing. Of course, he can then hit a shift function and get the track to play without holding it down.
    Right now, when I try to do something similar in Torq, I have to immediately hit pause after hitting a cue button to mimic the same action. Which, of course, sort of limits the quickness and flexibility I'd prefer.
    Am I right about this, or am I just ignorant of a very easy solution?

Is anyone out there getting what I'm asking? Again, sorry if I'm not using a specific term that would make answering this question easier.
    Last edited by nyiguana; 11-30-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Tech Wizard

Default Please?

Re-upping

Quote Originally Posted by nyiguana View Post
    Re-upping
    It's normally called "bump." Not Re-upping, but back to your question. Sadly you will find very few Torq users on this site, although you may get an answer you are probably better off asking on a torq/m-audio forum...

I'm not sure if this will help you seeing that you may have a different controller, but here's the most useful video I've found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fz6WfQUbrs
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Convert

Hi nyiguana,

yeah, you can do this in Torq 2.0, you want to assign an additional function to the same Key or midi pad that you are using.

for example with the keyboard it's already setup to do cue points so go into controller assignments and add a new one called 'CueAction'

So if you are on Deck 2 or b then you wold

1. Click Add new Imput
    2. go to /Engine/Deck2/Transport/ and select CueAction
    3. click Learn KeyCode
    4. Hit the number you want to assign this to.
    5. Do for all decks 1 - 4 as well as cue points 1-5

It might also be a good idea to assign these to a Condition of CAPS on. So when you want to use them like normal, bam, if you want that type of hold ON make sure Caps Lock is on first, then use them.

This is possible in Torq, but you hafta do a little bit of work. Check this link: http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=19947 it's number 7 on the list. Theres also some other cool tips and tricks there too!
    DJ Setup: Serato DJ/(2) Vestax V7/Ecler Nuo 2.0// Production Setup: Logic Pro 9/M-Audio i-Control/M-Audio Keystation Mini 32/NI Audio 2 DJ/13" 2.3GHz MBP 500GB HD OSX Lion/AIAIAI TMA-1/Roland TR-707//