Request: Cheap multi channel audio interface for under $30
    Tech Guru

Default Request: Cheap multi channel audio interface for under $30

Hello again peoples ,

Its that time of the year again -.- Buying loved ones really cheap gifts . I'm basically broke and looking to buy a DJ setup, go figure! Well its not for me, its a gift. I have a budget of $120ish so I have a Hercules MP3 E2 in the cart and I'm also looking to purchase a Audio Interface because my friend, the recipient, uses a laptop.

Can I find a Multi channel audio interface for under $30. Or should I buy my loved friend a Numark iO and act like I didn't know it couldn't monitor cue .

Tech Guru

Would something like this work?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_1[/ame]

Tech Guru

I've used a splitter before out of my computers headphone jack.

Right: goes to master in mono

Left: cue in mono.

Not sure how it works in windows. On a mac, you lose a bit fo sound quality but playing on a home stereo system it sounds fine. You can jam in your bedroom with no problem or living room or kitchen with no problem.

I did the same for my nephews to get them into DJing. Herc MP3e2 and a 10.00 splitter.

Have you checked ebay for Numark Mixtracks? I'd try to get something that comes with TP LE.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I've used a splitter before out of my computers headphone jack.

Right: goes to master in mono

Left: cue in mono.

Not sure how it works in windows. On a mac, you lose a bit fo sound quality but p....
    Appreciate the info sounds good, enough . Order has been placed, just adding one more confused DJ to the forums. Your welcome : ].

Thanks alot,

uhm, make sure you tell your friend about the asio-driver/midi-devicesetup ( on macs ) if you want to use traktor

i gifted a friend with an old midi controller some time ago ( mp3 e2 :d ) and my usb-2 in/out soundcard and after 2 days he came back almost crying that he: 'couldnt get that damn sh*t cue to work'

Numark IO does have the ability to cue...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kidcolt View Post
    uhm, make sure you tell your friend about the asio-driver/midi-devicesetup ( on macs ) if you want to use traktor

i gifted a friend with an old midi controller some time ago ( mp3 e2 :d ) and my usb-2 in/out soundcard and after 2 days he came back almost crying that he: 'couldnt get that damn sh*t cue to work'
    Will do! Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Numark IO does have the ability to cue...
    Damnit! I remeber watching a review somewhere, I probably just misunderstood. Welp?

Tech Guru

Oh btw, here is the iO for anyone looking for a cheap audio interface that won't break the bank. ($20)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IW99CS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lp o-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000S5Q2EK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX 0DER&pf_rd_r=0XZK8JES017ETJB4B2XZ[/ame]

thats a different soundcard from the one i was referring to, numark also have another one called the IO which does have 4 channels, how strange. Im speaking about the one that they originally bundled with the total control ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/Numark-Multi-Channel-Audio-Interface/dp/B000S5Q2EK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1291383595&sr=1-1[/ame])

apoligies for the misinformation, i wasnt aware they had a lower model (let alone one with the name name? :S)