Overall volume dropping when using the FXs.

Default Overall volume dropping when using the FXs.

I have done a bit of a search, but generally I'm useless, so never found a thing, new to FX, using an X1, when I use the FX I get an overall drop in the volume on that channel, as if I have dropped the level ocross all EQs, etc. Is this normal? Cos it makes things sound a bit sh*t.

Doesn't happen with all FX, I am only just getting into them, but it happens enough to be annoying and screw up what might have been a decent effect.

FX - I'm doing it wrong.

/n00b.

Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Is the effect on full volume itself?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

where is the wet and dry level?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Mentor

its manual time

Add a compressor after the effect and map it to increase volume with the wet/dry of the effect.

Wait, that's in Ableton, nevermind :P
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

What fx does it happen with?
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

it's normal, you need to familiarize with what each fx does and you will understand why it happens

Tech Guru

When you insert an effect into a channel in Traktor it's kind of like saying you have two sound sources going through the same pipe, as opposed to just one (the track with the effect off). The single pipe has a set amount of gain, so if your wet/dry control is something other than full on, both the effect and the track have to get reduced in volume so both "fit" through the pipe. If your wet/dry is all the way up, all you hear is the effected signal, so you don't get that volume reduction perception.

Some effects sound best with the wet/dry at max. Ex. beatslicer, masher, reverse grain. Others sound good with wet dry partially up - delays, phasers, flangers. But there's no hard and fast rules. It's good to know the effects well, and what they do at different settings, so you can dial it in quickly. Also, effect snapshots are your friend.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets