Who's living in London? Or close to? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Wait a minute ... people move TO London for the WEATHER?
    Yup its better than up in manchester.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    The WHP has been shit from the start! Overpriced under organised load of cack! From the opening night at the boddingtons warehouse through to the nights now under piccadilly. The sound has always been terrible the tickets are over priced as is the bar. Really have no idea what people see in that place!

The problem is Sankeys is also a load of shite now to! I really want to go and see Dave Clarke tonight there but i just know the fact that its at sankeys will ruin it. For some reason the sound engineer in there just seems to think louder is better. Its pretty damn uncomfortable in most areas. Never used to be liek that before they had teh big change around
    My first ever WHP was a Dave Clarke night!! Had never seen him before and he rocked it!!! That was mayber 3-4 years ago though so i agree that if you went now its the same old "beer boys" taking their tops off and looking for a fight!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    My first ever WHP was a Dave Clarke night!! Had never seen him before and he rocked it!!! That was mayber 3-4 years ago though so i agree that if you went now its the same old "beer boys" taking their tops off and looking for a fight!!!
    Yup last time i went i felt all teh usual rabble from teh pubs were there as its "cool" to go to teh WHP! hahahaha

Give me a proper dirty hole to rave in and i'll be happy.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I used to live in Essex, but now I live in Norway.

Stansted YEAH!

Tech Guru

I live in London, spin mainly House (most varieties), Dubstep, Dub reggae, Breaks and DnB.

I'm studying music tech at uni and quite a few of us are DJs, doing student radio and arranging some gigs after Xmas.

I'm based in Camden Town, and next year i have access to some fantastic studios. (We're not allowed to use them until our second year as each single desk, of which there is 3, cost 250K.)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    The WHP has been shit from the start! Overpriced under organised load of cack! From the opening night at the boddingtons warehouse through to the nights now under piccadilly. The sound has always been terrible the tickets are over priced as is the bar. Really have no idea what people see in that place!

The problem is Sankeys is also a load of shite now to! I really want to go and see Dave Clarke tonight there but i just know the fact that its at sankeys will ruin it. For some reason the sound engineer in there just seems to think louder is better. Its pretty damn uncomfortable in most areas. Never used to be liek that before they had teh big change around
    Yeah but my mate is Artist Liaison there so i get in free, drink for free and get to use the nice clean toilets

I agree though, the sound is awful but what do you expect in a concrete car park.
    Hercules & Love Affair were excellent there, so too where Franz Ferdinand i have to say !!!
    Prins Thomas was UNBELIEVABLE but thats cus he is UNBELIEVABLY good.

Sankeys has been shit since it decide that it should put teen-electro and turd dubstep on instead of decent house music.
    Last good thing i went to at Sankeys was Redlight. Long time ago.
    Sankeys has been turned into a High Street Club full of kids popped up (as rumblejazz said) on ket.
    Boring.

I used to live in the Eastend of London... Leyton... shit-hole but i loved it

You should all move to Leeds - best clubbing city in the country

waits for the response

SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by DJew View Post
    @ohmydaze.....ah sick dude where in Essex? My fam's place is in Chigwell
    I'm based near Chelmsford, so not too far away. But always up for a drive to meet up with people for a mess about with music.

Just let me know know when and where bud and I'd be up for it!

actually I'm looking to set up a podcast, so if you fancy getting involved with that let me know.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    You should all move to Leeds - best clubbing city in the country

waits for the response

I love Leeds. Never had a bad night out there.
    Good shops, good bars good clubs nice people (if there is such a thing as a nice person from Yorkshire

I used to DJ for the people that run the Cockpit (indie dive) and 2 of my mates were managers of the Dry Dock & the Library pubs.

Pity that Leeds festival is a horrible Emo fest. Ill never go there again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast