Who's living in London? Or close to?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's living in London? Or close to?

Hey guys,

I may be moving back from Manchester to Essex to focus on becoming a good and successful DJ and Producer.

Anyone else living around the Essex and London area?

Be good to get a few of us together, chat about music, maybe hire out a studio every now and then and just mix and make beats and shit

We could make like a little DJTT London crew yeee

Oh and if anyone is a electro fidget head like me....then PM me and we'll get together for a sick night out!!!

DJew

Dude you're moving specifically from Manchester for DJing and music opportunities!?!? I live in london, but manchester has a much closer community, all the same DJ's/ producers who come to London normally travel through manchester, people are less self obsessed (yeah that's a massive generalisation).

I dunno I could understand if you were moving for the weather or for other reasons. But Manchester is the MFing mad notes for music.

Love LDN though don't get me wrong. (I love it here)

Nooo nooo dude!!! Im moving because living back home means i'll be able to save even more money to put towards important things like a S4 and laptop stickers Yeah money is the main reason, its holding me back right now....

But yeah Manchester is good but it can be a bit annoying....I work for all the clubs so know first hand....Sankeys and Warehouse Project basically control the market, meaning alot of dj's are exclusive to either of the 2...which buggers things up so much.

Good thing is even though im leaving Manchester i can still obviously use everything i have built in the last few years to get me gigs and residencies when the time comes for me to do that.

Ah i see!

Yeah WHP is fucking huge now, lost a lot of it's charm as well, full of girls with glosticks and fresher jocks taking their shirts off, all on cheap pills and ket. eurgh.

Still some good stuff like Band on the wall venue and hoya:hoya's club night etc, I do know what you mean though.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    Ah i see!

Yeah WHP is fucking huge now, lost a lot of it's charm as well, full of girls with glosticks and fresher jocks taking their shirts off, all on cheap pills and ket. eurgh.

Still some good stuff like Band on the wall venue and hoya:hoya's club night etc, I do know what you mean though.
    All of that is the plain truth, well said.
    Difficult for me to even think of going to WHP these. Same of old tired line ups (a few last time were good DOOM etc) and the people, blah some real dicks going there now. To be honest ive had a lot of very average nights there.

Last Hoya thing i was at was last xmas when they hosted one of the rooms at the Electric Chair End Of Year Riot. It was an ace night and this years will, as ever be on my birthday on the 27th. Which is nice

Lot of good stuff at El Diablos and the Deaf Institute in general.
    Went there a few weeks back for Eric 'Dr Dunks' Duncan from Rub n Tug.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    I dunno I could understand if you were moving for the weather or for other reasons.
    Wait a minute ... people move TO London for the WEATHER?

Haha, ok bad example, but Manny is quite wet!

I live in Essex dude and work in London so feel free to get in touch dude.

@ohmydaze.....ah sick dude where in Essex? My fam's place is in Chigwell

The WHP has been shit from the start! Overpriced under organised load of cack! From the opening night at the boddingtons warehouse through to the nights now under piccadilly. The sound has always been terrible the tickets are over priced as is the bar. Really have no idea what people see in that place!

The problem is Sankeys is also a load of shite now to! I really want to go and see Dave Clarke tonight there but i just know the fact that its at sankeys will ruin it. For some reason the sound engineer in there just seems to think louder is better. Its pretty damn uncomfortable in most areas. Never used to be liek that before they had teh big change around
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast