Should I wait for my S4 or buy something else?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Default Should I wait for my S4 or buy something else?

Thing is I sold my beloved APC40 and Audio8 to buy this thing and the guy who is importing it (to Argentina) isn't even giving me a delivery date. He says the place he is getting them (I suppose NI since he is an oficial reseller) aren't giving him any info (last week he told me 1 week after I made the partial payment and according to him he reserved 3 units early november). I bought gear from this place before and it seems to be safe. I only payed 1/3 of the total yet and I guess there will be no issues with getting my money back (or i'll set their building on fire). If I order it myself from the US or whatever it would be a pain if I get a faulty unit.

So here I stand, with a borrowed mixer and no soundcard having to either split my mac's output and run mono or plainly reject parties and getting kinda scared with the S4 issues (on the controller itself, not software ones) since it would be a pain to send it over, that being the reason I didn't order it myself.

I'm pushing the guy on monday to give me a delivery date or a refund, I can't stand being in the nebula and losing money at the same time. I'm channeling some bad vibes here since I'm about to freak out and it's starting to affect my music production. I make a living out of this, it's no hobby

Any recommendations, suggestions, support, hugs, beer, cookies & a glass of milk, etc are more than welcome.

PS: yes, I like to use () a lot
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-02-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Tech Mentor

I don't seem to be having any issues with my S4. To be honest, I might have gotten lucky.. If its your living, I'd say go for it and get the S4, now I'm no professional, but I've been on my S4 about 6-8 hours a night this week. I have yet to come across any hardware issues.
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    I don't seem to be having any issues with my S4. To be honest, I might have gotten lucky.. If its your living, I'd say go for it and get the S4, now I'm no professional, but I've been on my S4 about 6-8 hours a night this week. I have yet to come across any hardware issues.
    send me yours then XD

Tech Mentor

Haha. Im a noobie! You'd probbably use it better than I do. =/
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

That or the Denon controller which is the same thing but heavier and cheaper. IMHO the S4 has a few more feature's and important buttons but the Denon is pretty much HID making them pretty much the same thing.

Why don't you order one from Native Instruments direct.
    Free shipping as well
    SC | MC

Good things are for those who can wait patiently for them. I'll be buying an S4 too but I'm still deciding to either get rid of my trustful VCI-100 or keepit and a dedicated effects controller. Still I say wait for the S4 and borrow some equipment. Also always pay those things with a credit card and pay the balance the next day. Its easier to ask for the credit back than your money back.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Convert

to be honest I was b!Tching about the headphone jack, which I think I fixed just by cleaning I hope, but all in all this is the funnest piece of equipment I've played with in years. I've been spinning for awhile, used to battle and all...but this is probably the most fun ive had in a minute. After the 3rd day (just Switched to Traktor from Serato) I noticed I wanted to rush home From work to play with it just like 1200's back in highschool. Don't need to take my word though. I would go to a spot that will allow you to try it for 2 weeks and allows returns with no hassle. That way you know for sure you're not tied down to the unit. I am predicting by the 3rd day you'll be on here talking about how ill it is. Again just be sure the place you purchase from allows returns. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by itajeN View Post
    The difference is he is in a different country! It's pretty easy to get your hands on if you're state side. :P

Tech Convert

I must have missed that detail. (a lil faded right now). Thats a tough call. You already ordered it. Just cross your fingers and hope you got a good one. I thought mine had issues but I'm going 3 hrs straight as we speak at a gig. My buddy is playing right now and we have had no issues. You know what f*ck it! Just wait for it. It won't have any issues. Think positive bro! You're going to get it and it's going to be one of the illest pieces you've played with. Might be drunk posting right now but I still say wait for it. If it has an issue deal with it then. Good luck!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast