What inspired you to become a DJ?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What inspired you to become a DJ?

Hi people,

just wanted to know what made you want to become a dj?

For me it was sucky djs at my hometown partys and this video

Might sound cheesy, but AM is the man for me, technically there are better djs but somehow i just feel his sets, too bad that guy died, wouldve wanted to see him live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJP9GALDULk

I was always interested and loved music. I originally wanted to Produce (which I just started doing) and as I was buying my new Laptop I browsed through Apples website and found a cheap Vestax DJay thing that i thought would be fun to play around with. After seeing that I talked to my Dj friends and got really into it. After that I picked up an S4 instead of the Vestax Djay and now here I am!

By the way that whole thing happened mid october of 2010 lol.

Tech Guru

I'm fairly new and I'm not a HARDCORE DJ, I just like the music. But what pulled me in was was making beats in FL Studio and wanted to buy a MPC because all the cool kids were doing it . Then I stumbled across midi controllers and eventually across Traktor. Then the price & functionality of a Hercules Mp3 E2 beat out the price & functionality of a Akai LPD8, I was very low budget atm. I kinda fell into messing with the DJ thing. + Ean Golden, his tuts on youtube were very addicting.

My first grade teacher was a DJ. He was like my only father growing up. He used to spin for the class. Kinda un-conventional right?

And I guess also because it was the cool thing to do, growing up in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Hercules Mp3 E2
    hell, i had the same thing to start out, local consumer electronic store sportin highclass dj products, little did i know

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    My first grade teacher was a DJ. He was like my only father growing up. He used to spin for the class. Kinda un-conventional right?

And I guess also because it was the cool thing to do, growing up in Los Angeles.
    How awsomes that? A first grade teacher spinning for teh children awwwwwsome

I have always liked club scene and started attending dnb and jungle raves in 98-99... Then started to attend depending the DJ... Goldie, Bad Company, Dara, Keoki, London Elektricity... Always wanted to be a DJ but the price for the equipment and vinyl was just impossible for me.

Then like maybe in 2005 I saw many DJ's with laptops and I was like "why are these people checking their email on stage?" Then I learned about Traktor and it's features and pretty much got interested again.

And the free drinks, groupies, VIP lists and respect dont hurt either.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Wizard

Two words: Richie Hawtin

Also 2 words: money and fame
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Also two words: shake and bake
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Filterkat

Allways been in to EDM since i was like... errr 9?? weird age to start liking it... anyways...Started producing in FL when i was 14, bought reason and Logic studio when i was 16 along with a korg Microkontrol... Entered a Local Dance radio stations "making Music" competition and came in the top 20... since my name was among some of the well known DJ's of my town... I decided to give mixing a crack and bought some TT's, audio 8, TSP and some timecode vynils...

Now im rockin clubs... dropping in a few of my own tracks every now and then and im quite happy with the results :P

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast