Pro DJ Traktor setups
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Pro DJ Traktor setups

Has anyone come across any good articles about current Traktor DJs setup such as the likes of, Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, Umek, Dennis Ferrer, Pete Tong, Dub Fire or anybody else. I have seen videos of Richie's setup from a few years ago, but I think he has changed up a bit since than but it has me curious to know he is using now and how. This is same I feel about other big named djs too, I want to see what they're using and how. Currently all I can find are or videos from performances, but they use quick cut aways, so its hard to tell whats they're using. So it had me thinking is there anything else to fill my curiously on Pro DJ Setups using Traktor.

there no specific place (i think) where they talk about it. You need to search around and watch youtube video/ dj forum or even someone in your town who dj. There no school for this you have to be pro-active and go get your information.

Dj setup is always evolving with all the new gadget and integrate stuff like Ipad. Pioneer time is over. NOW we take the freedom to choose our on way to express ourself
    2011 MacBookPro 13" i7
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Fostex PM0.4 / Sony MDR-7506 / Oxygen 25 v3 / Fast Track Pro / Hs80m /
    I HaZ a BaD EnGliSH

Tech Mentor

I hear you, Im no spring chicken to DJing or Traktor. I has been DJing for 20 years, been digital for the past 5-6 years and on Traktor for the past 2years. Unfortunately, amongst my dj friends I seem to be the guru when it comes to this digital age, so Im trying to learn more. I figured I should look at what the pros are uses to give me more ideas.

Richie Hawtin/PlastikMan is the main article in Electronic Musician this month. Ihaven't read the article yet but I'm sure they'll talk about gear.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

there is a future music video with RH's Plastikman setup...

Cox is using NI Machine to control efx and for searching thru tracks etc. He uses time coded CDs and a Vestax mixer(sometimes his personally designed mixer, but he also uses another Vestax mixer as well).

Filterkat

alot of the DJ's you have mentioned, from what i have heard/seen now use the S4... Dubfire im certain... saw him playing with it but a few months ago when he was here... so does dennis ferrer... richie hawtin im pretty sure is using some kind of whacked out live setup... most likely based around ableton... but it looks like a freakin spaceship... Carl cox is using traktor... not sure about if hes using the s4... umek i believe is using some kind of live setup aswel (last i heard)... and pete tong... hes rockin traktor aswel... (not sure bout s4 but)

I also know booka shade are using the S4 in combination with Maschine when doing there DJ sets... using Maschine for samples/loops and adding live elements to the set without having their whole live setup there...

i could go on... but... yeah... enough was already said

Quote Originally Posted by Filterkat View Post
    Carl cox is using traktor... not sure about if hes using the s4...

I just listed Coxy's setup above... Its pretty simple, nothing crazy

Beardyman - 3x kaoss pads, kaossilator and a midi keyboard.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

You forgot the microphone. Clearly the most important part of beardy's setup.

Still, not traktor setup, is it?

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys for the info,

I just found the thing with Carl Cox and his Mashine setup.

http://blog.dubspot.com/ibiza-2010-r...os-highlights/

Before Carl Cox’s gig at Space, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Carl in his office for a Traktor Scratch Pro training session. For a while, Carl Cox was using my Maschine MIDI mapping for Traktor Scratch Pro. It appeared that one of his buddies (not mentioning any names eh hem) happened to screw up his MIDI settings, so Carl Switched to using the Traktor Kontrol X1’s. When I visited Carl he wanted me to set him back up with my Maschine settings. I ended up having to modify about 100 of my MIDI commands in the mapping on the fly right before his gig! I double and triple checked every button to make sure they all worked ok, and then Carl went on. I was crossing my fingers! Everything went perfectly all night. I asked how it was going during his gig and he looked at me and smiled and said “I’M BACK!”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast