On the differences between Serato and Traktor
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default On the differences between Serato and Traktor

It seems to me like I see alot of Serato users out there, but as far as I can tell traktor is more feature laden and still turntabley (for lack of a better word) enough for the "real" djs...so what/why do people use serato, basically could someone explain the differences and reasons why people use serato when Traktor Scratch is a pretty nice program as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance

Serato Scratch Live software is FREE! All you need is the box or a 57/68 mixer to get the software to work. Plus the software works and it goes perfect with 2 turnables and a mixer...its pretty much plug and play.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

People use serato because it has side by side waveforms. This makes it easier to beatmatch 'cause you can see it on the screen.

However it also causes dj's to constantly stare at the screen.

serato appears so basic that if I were to use it I'd just go back to turntables (if I had unending piles of money that is) the effects aren't near as nice as traktors and the looping/hotcue/cues in traktor is so nice...It's just curious that more people don't use traktor seeing as how powerful it is.

More people use traktor world wide. Serato gets more use in the states thanks to Rane's brilliant marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    More people use traktor world wide. Serato gets more use in the states thanks to Rane's brilliant marketing.
    ahh I see...that makes alot of sense...

Tech Mentor

they are both easy to mix on, beatmatching is not hard, one provides a tun of fx, the other provides video mixing capabilities...
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Tech Guru

The waveforms are a huge tool. Amoungst Hip Hop DJ's I can see why SSL is the winner. If you think about beat juggling with turntables, it's a huge advantage to look at the screen and have the colors in the waveforms tell you exactly when the vocal starts as opposed to Traktor where it's all gray. Those waveforms are a powerful tool.

More effects or more features does not always equal better, it just equals MORE.

Serato is a solid product and folks dig it because it's streamlined (not as much anymore with recent updates). In the U.S., Serato has gone mainstream as the software of choice, but at clubs like Space in Miami that are gear towards House/EDM and have guest DJ's from around the world, many guest DJ's (including the owner of space) rock Traktor.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

"all you need is the box"
    isnt that like 700? and the mixers are even more. right?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

SSL is more straightforward and has a better UI. Period.

Traktor is fugly by comparison, and it's harder to do anything in Traktor. The difference is that–yes–more is possible in Traktor.

For me, the difference was wanting to mix in internal…Traktor's internal is better than SSL's IMHO. If I were actually using a DVS, I'd go back to SSL in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast