semi urgent - gig tomorrow and issues with audio 4/audio routing/and cables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default semi urgent - gig tomorrow and issues with audio 4/audio routing/and cables

Long story short

went to do sound check, borrowed audio 4 from friend to use instead of my audio 2 since i have to plug straight into amp (no mixer)

amp has 2 ins (one for left and one for right)(can choose between xlr and trs)

audio 4 has 2 rca outs..and 1 out for headphone

how do i set everything up so that sound comes out right?

the main issue I am having is that of the 2 outs (A and B), one has to be set as the monitor. in theory that goes to the audio in for monitor on a mixer, and there i plug in my headphones. but in this situation i have no mixer (only gear in my sig (audio 4 instead of 2 in this case)). So I need to use the headphone out in the audio 4. How do i set it up so that both A and B outs in the soundcard are all master?

I tried it so that I use adapters that pretty much connect one out in the soundcard to my headphone, but using the other one as a master only allws me to use one side (left or right) on the amp

thanks!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

well u just have to set your output to internal and in your outputroutung you can choose which channel you want to use for monitor and cue. and yes you have to plugin your headphones straight into the audio interface
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    well u just have to set your output to internal and in your outputroutung you can choose which channel you want to use for monitor and cue. and yes you have to plugin your headphones straight into the audio interface
    no no no my mixing is always internal since i use a vci. What i need to know is how do i set it up so that i can use the headphone jack and at the same time use both channels as master outs instead of just 1.

also thanks for the fast reply
    DJEditorHugger

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    no no no my mixing is always internal since i use a vci. What i need to know is how do i set it up so that i can use the headphone jack and at the same time use both channels as master outs instead of just 1.

also thanks for the fast reply
    ah right...sorry. well the thing is, that the amp only has 2 ins which would be your master out from the audio interface. i guess there is now way to get an aditional in for your monitor. so you´ll be forced spinning with your headphones as cue and the master as master/monitor...

Tech Guru

well si there anything as a cable that goes rca (red white) to 2 trs or xlr? or perhaps a splitter that splits the rca t a left and right?
    DJEditorHugger

well there are a lot of splitter/adapter on the market but none of those will give you the possibilty to turn the a/b ins from the amp into 2 a/b ins. don´t know if this was understandable

In internal mode the master out is both channels mate. Set the master out to channel 1 & 2 on the audio 4 and plug this into the amp. Set monitor to 3 & 4 and you can use the jack on the aidio 4 to monitor with.
    Now if you still wanted to mix internally but with an external mixer you would plug 1 & 2, 3 & 4 into the mixer, press cue on the mixer and keep the fader down. ( then you plug your phones into the mixer for a 'professional' look )
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    In internal mode the master out is both channels mate. Set the master out to channel 1 & 2 on the audio 4 and plug this into the amp. Set monitor to 3 & 4 and you can use the jack on the aidio 4 to monitor with.
    Now if you still wanted to mix internally but with an external mixer you would plug 1 & 2, 3 & 4 into the mixer, press cue on the mixer and keep the fader down. ( then you plug your phones into the mixer for a 'professional' look )
    what he says.... just realized that i never used internal mode. need to school myself on this one

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    In internal mode the master out is both channels mate. Set the master out to channel 1 & 2 on the audio 4 and plug this into the amp. Set monitor to 3 & 4 and you can use the jack on the aidio 4 to monitor with
    i understand

i know in internal the master out is both channels. my issue is splitting that into left and a right form the rca out. i have an rca to trs cable, that only allows me to plug it into one of the 2 ins on the amp. that is my main problem
    DJEditorHugger

its a lot louder monitoring off the mixer man, even the mighty audio 4 lacks a bit of volume for that when it gets LOUD lol.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast