Pleae help: One thing after another! : d
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Pleae help: One thing after another! : d

Greetings,

I'm running Windows 7 Ult. 32 bit, Dell XPS (Intel Pentium 4 3.4 ghz single core w/ hyperthreading).

My PC went full blown retard the other day, you never go full! No offense to any handicapped people, it just was thinking for long periods of time for simple tasks without maxing the CPU or anything. No virus's or infections, not over heating or anything. So eventually after stressing all fixes I got fed up and formatted my HDD for the first time in two years. Reinstalled Windows and I'm all caught up.

I got Traktor up and running but its acting up. I brought over my old .tis & collection.nml from my other Windows install so I wouldn't have to re do everything, like controls, ratings etc. to my library within Traktor. Which worked great! But! Yeh you know there a but.

1. Whenever I load a analyzed or not analyzed track into a deck it takes anywhere between 40-60 secs roughly to actually start playing. It sits there displaying nothing in the deck besides the track title and the phase meter is going crazy.

2. The new ratings/comments etc. are not saving when TSP is restarted. The root directory appears to be correct.

3. Example: When i have tracks in deck a & b, both playing. When I press a cue point on a, the track on b studders or jumps. If I keep pressing that cue button really fast, the track on b won't keep playing. This even happens when the track on b has no cue points stored on it.

This happens every time I press a cue button, no matter which deck or track is used. If I press cue point on deck a. . . . b,c,d will jump or studder.

Yeh. . I reinstalled TSP but the problems are still there. This isn't looking like a bright future for my theoretical DJ career.

What should I do? Thanks

-Digi
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 12-04-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Tech Guru

As you can see in the picture, the song is already analyzed. Traktor isn't "busy" and the phase meter is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    I'm running Windows
    There's your problem..

But seriously, without knowing a whole lot about compys, super slowness can be an indicator of hd problems, as everything's reading from the hd. Does everything outside of traktor run ok now since you re-formatted it? Or still a bit sketchy?
    Your screenshot is pretty weird.. Maybe try a different version of tsp and see if the problem's still there.. Or maybe re dl the version you're running as the install package might be corrupt.. Just things I would try I guess.
    good luck ombre

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post

As you can see in the picture, the song is already analyzed. Traktor isn't "busy" and the phase meter is moving.
    That song is NOT analysed. There is no waveform or stripe.

Show the 'Analysed' field in the Browser and you will see that it isnt.

In preferences you can set Traktor to analyse tracks on Loading.

Run Consistency Checker to identify what tracks need analysing.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    There's your problem..

But seriously, without knowing a whole lot about compys, super slowness can be an indicator of hd problems, as everything's reading from the hd. Does everything outside of traktor run ok now since you re-formatted it? Or still a bit sketchy?
    Your screenshot is pretty weird.. Maybe try a different version of tsp and see if the problem's still there.. Or maybe re dl the version you're running as the install package might be corrupt.. Just things I would try I guess.
    good luck ombre
    I could see what your saying about my HDD (320 GB). I bought my PC used, but I would guess it would be stock, idk. Traktor used to run fine on Windows when I started about 4 moths ago. I did do a HDD check from the BIOS and it came back fine. I was looking to upgrade to 1TB anyways.

Currently, everything else runs like it should. Even Traktor runs fine, just certain areas or features are F N up. When its "thinking" its responsive.

I have been using Traktor v1.2.1. I have tried using newer versions but my custom .tsi's for my controllers and keyboard are made for v1.2.1. I guess NI changed the numpad keys in v1.2.4 and later to another name. Throwing off my entire layouts, I tried to switch but I couldn't get some keys and modifiers to work for nothing. It would take me hours to redo everything.

But yeh, I'll re download and try a newer version. Give it a go just to see if it changes anything.

Appreciate the help zacl87,
    -Digi

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    That song is NOT analysed. There is no waveform or stripe.

Show the 'Analysed' field in the Browser and you will see that it isnt.

In preferences you can set Traktor to analyse tracks on Loading.

Run Consistency Checker to identify what tracks need analysing.
    That would be too easy Karlos
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 12-04-2010 at 11:43 AM.

WHere is the waveform and mouse stripe...???

Worrying.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you force Traktor to analyze a track that it says is already analyzed, but has no waveform or stripe does it show the missing stuff then? I suspect that somewhere something didn't get copied and Traktor thinks it's analyzed, but it's not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Just reanalyse the track.

Then update to 1.2.7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast